𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉ミ★ ( self destruction, act one ) ★彡

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉
ミ★ ( self destruction, act one ) ★彡

It was the night that Kaden had come to dread the most. The full moon. The night that Niklaus Mikaelson would break the curse their mother placed on him five hundred years ago; so he could become a hybrid like nature intended with his birth. But in order for that to happen, Katerina Petrova had to die. Falling in love with her was never something that Kaden had expected to do considering she was just a means to an end at first. He always knew she was going to die once Nik was ready to complete the ritual; but he couldn't help himself and he pursued her anyway.

Kaden never really expected to fall in love either. It wasn't something he saw himself to be able to have the privilege of due to his upbringing and his animalistic nature. They were raised only as soldiers by Mikael; not knowing any other life besides war and violence. They would pick up a sword and fight without question, and he expected them to die without complaint—they didn't have time for silly things like love.

But love had somehow found him.

"What are you thinking about, my Lord?" He heard Katerina ask from beside him. Her head was rested on his bare chest and her hand was rested on his heart, her fingertips feeling the thumping of his heartbeat while they laid beneath the white sheets in bed.

"Thinking about my Lady." He half lied as he pressed a kiss to the brown hair on her head.

"What have I told you about flattery being a cheap form of distraction?" Katerina asked again as she rolled her eyes, leaning up on her elbows to look at him.

"You might've said it but that does not mean I'll listen." He smirked and reached up to touch her cheek but she lightly smacked it down to look at him pointedly, "I jest."

"Not funny." She scowled, "If you won't listen, maybe the king will."

She went to turn to get out of bed, but at the mere thought of Katerina accepting the king's proposal made Kaden growl and grab onto her to pull her back into his arms, while she giggled knowing he played right into her hand.

The two laid in silence for a moment before she spoke, "It is so strange that I love a vampire." She muttered, "I was always taught that they were demons."

"We are demons, Katerina." Kaden warned her seriously, knowing the secret he has been holding so dear to him about her fate, "Do not trust what anyone else says otherwise."

"Why are you speaking like this?" She asked worriedly, sensing the concern he felt for her and her easily gained trust, "I have you to protect me when I cannot protect myself. Last night proved that."