51

It's been 4 hours, but the operation is still going. Inside the open everything is going.......... Lets just say not so good or not so bad. Chaeyoung is losing a lot of blood and it is scaring jeongyeon the most. She doesn’t know how to stop. She is feeling useless and pathetic right now. The heart set up is done but the heart isn’t responsing like it should. Jeongyeon felt like crying.

She can't stand in front of nayeon if she couldn’t save chaeyoung.

'I am so.....useless. '

"Maam th-the heart i-isn't re-responding." kyungsoo said 
"What?! " jeongyeon said. She is cursing right now.
"What about the blood pressure? " jeongyeon asked.
"I-its low maam. Too low. " kyungsoo said.

Sweats were forming in jeongyeons forehead. She was in panic.
'If i fail it how am i supposed to stand infront of nayeon and others. Mina is sure going to hate me. I also don’t want chaeyoung to die. She deserves to live.'  jeongyeon said in her mind.

Tears were forming in her eyes.
"Shit!" jeongyeon said.

Then jeongyeon started to remember nayeons face. Nayeon is her only strength.  She closed her eyes and started to think about Nayeons smile. In a miracle way it started to give her patients and energy. Her mind is now calm. Now she knows exactly what she have to do.
"Use the mechanical pump kyungsoo. Hurry. " jeongyeon said in a calm way. Kyungsoo nodded.

"Is the heart responding? " jeongyeon said.
"Still the same maam." kyungsoo said.
"Kyungsoo don't panic. Just do it how you know. " -jeongyeon

Kyungsoo took a big breath. Then started to do what he was doing again.
"Nurse joy i want you to increase the bypass machine for a bit time."- jeongyeon.
" yes maam." joy nodded. Then she started to increase the bypass machine and the blood pressure got back to normal.
"Nurse hoseok i want you to bring blood from the blood bank. We are gonna need it after a while." -jeongyeon
"Ok maam"- hoseok.

After a while, everything started to go back into it’s own place.  The heart started to responding like it should. Jeongyeon then told joy to slowly decrease the bypass machine . Joy did what she said.

'I-i did it! Yes! Thanks god!' jeongyeon cheered in her mind.
" maam everything is normal now. I think we should stitch. " kyungsoo said.
"Yes, bring the fresh equipments. " jeongyeon said. A small smile was forming behind her mask.

'Saving someones life indeed brings peace in both your mind and heart. I did a great job to choose this as my occupation. ' jeongyeon thought while smiling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Its been 5 hours 30 minutes.  What was happening inside no one knew from the outside.  Outside everyone was still worried. Mina was still looking nowhere. Dahyun and momo were still on the same position. Except momo became a little bit bold and would kiss dahyuns forehead now and then. Sana and tzuyu were stealing glances from each other. Jihyo, nayeon were standing with tzuyu and mrs. Son was sitting. It was filled with silence.

Inside the operation theatre, the operation is now successful.
"Everyone you did a great job. Specially you kyungsoo. " jeongyeon said and smiled. Kyungsoo became happy and showed a genuine smile and did a little bow.

Jeongyeon then put off her gloves and gave a small pat to kyungsoos shoulder while going outside of the operation theatre. Outside she saw everyone. When she went near them mina came running fast to her, mina was faster than mrs.son.

mrs.son was surprised but eventually became happy to know that chaeyoung has someone who cares about her other than her own mother.
"How di-d it w-went jeongyeon? She is f-fine right? Noth- " - mina asked worriedly but got cutted off by jeongyeon.
"Mina cool down,  chaeyoung is fine. No need to worries. We will be shifting her to the ward. She will wake up in 24 hours. " jeongyeon said.