A dark past, a darker tomorrow

"New York  10/6/2040"

It has been 21 days since I last kept track of time, only 20 days and I felt like it was months.

There are occassional blackouts and the connection often is destabilized. It has been a month since I moved in the US.

Jade and I have been good friends since she moved in my house. We are just talking or playing games most of the time

Food drops have been coming less and less often, but at least we are not starving, as  a food drop provides with food for a week.

Whatever that "Virus" is,  it is either really serious, or a fake, and the real reason we are forced to stay at home is something else.

There is nothing I can do to find out now, but I hope to uncover it soon. My expectations are not high though because I cannot see much.

All I can see is what I see from my window, the empty street, the cats and dogs that pass by, I once saw a homeless man been dragged away by a CDC unit.

The internet is falling apart, now people are starting sites to debate about the "Truth" of the virus, of course those sites cannot be trusted and are taken down by the government.

People are enraging because of the law that requires them to stay home and away from everyone, even neighbours, friends and family.

That said, in addition to the very little answers the government gives out are leading people to madness.

Drug dealing appears to be at its peak, since people don't have anything to do, and the police no longer tries to stop it, it is a paradise for addicts.

What appears to be the consequences of a new drug, is people dying at the hands of other people, or rather, their teeth.

It is probably the effects of Flakka, a highly-addictive drug that gives people psychosis and it makes them extremely aggressive, to the point that they attack anything near them.

At least that is the belief of people on Reddit, Facebook and other platforms of media.

I am not taking any pharmaceuticals, but Jade needs to take insuline because of her diabetes.

Up until now, a box of of insuline syringes were given to her once per week, a box of two syringes.

This week, food was given whilst the insuline was not. She can live without it, but she has to minimize sugar.

I just hope that medicine is given to those who really need it.