(FxM) Best Friends

"You know you're losing, right?"

"Pfft, says the one two-down!"

"You're still losing!"

It was always fun sitting over at C/N's house, and even more fun beating his ass at smash.

Your fingers run across the controller, mashing, pressing, attacks flying by on the screen all landing onto C/N as he goes flying off-screen.

Damn I was good.

"Hah! Still think you're winning?"

"I never said I was winning, I just said you were losing!" You take a brief look to your side, seeing him sitting on the floor of his room just like you.

He was cute. You'd admit it. Though not to him. Never. You just couldn't risk it, you didn't want to as you stared at his cheek, his E/C eyes. He hadn't caught wind of your staring, instead hell-bent on beating you, likely due to your constant teasing.

W-wait, beating me?

The game!

By the time you whip your head back with your H/C hair following, you were now flying off the screen.

"Hah! Still think you're winning?" He mocks. What a jerk!

"T-that wasn't fair! I was busy!"

"Busy doing what?"

"... N-nothing!" Idiot! I can't tell you! Of course you could tell him, but you didn't want to. The risk was just too much to swallow.

"I have two lives left anyways, you have one. You're in trouble now."

What happened next would be sheered into poor C/N for the rest of his gaming career. Hit after hit, slammed against the ground, stomped on, and utterly destroyed without landing a single hit as he goes flying off into the abyss.

"Hah! Take that!" You scream victorious, turning your head to the side to see poor C/N, his gaming pride utterly crushed, laying down on the floor on his stomach with his face against the floor.

"C/N..? It's just a game you know." You try to reassure him, chuckling a bit. What a baby, he wasn't actually upset was he? You lean over, closer, closer to his figure.

"It's just... so soul-crushing." He replies, laying on his side, his face poking out with his eyes looking up into yours.

"What..? It's-"

"Not being with you." What? What? No, like what did he say?

Oh, his arms are on my wrists, this has to be one of those dreams right? His lips, they're coming up, he's smiling too, what a smug pric-

Your lips brush against his as your eyes remain wide open, stunned. It didn't feel fake, it felt just as you'd imagine it. Kissing him, the soft touch as his arms grip your wrists, pushing you down gently onto the carpet with him hovering over you.

Slowly your eyes close, enjoying the last precious few seconds of the kiss. It couldn't have been much more than ten seconds, but god were those ten seconds the best of your life.

And apparently his as well, judging from his big grin.

"I love you, Y/N." He says boldly, his breath hitting your face with his eyes looking down into yours, his arms at your side.

It wasn't a dream.

"... I l-love you too." You reply, still somewhat awestruck, gulping as you swallow your fear.

"I know, pretty smooth aren't I?" He teases, leaning down towards your ear as it tickles from his breath.

"W-we're having a moment here!" 

(P.S - Pretty smooth, C/N.)