[𝐓𝐖𝐎]

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

"You know, for a man who's supposed to be avoiding stress, you picked a hell of a place to settle." I came out of the shadows, grabbing Dr. Banner's attention.

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret." he said cautiously, turning toward me.

"Then what is it? Yoga?" I joked.

He scoffed and looked around.

"You uh... you brought me to the edge of the city. Smart. I assume the whole place is surrounded." he guessed right, but I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Just you and me." I took a deep breath, standing closer to him.

"And your actress buddy? Is she a spy too? Do they start off that young?" he asked.

"I did. Many little girls did." I shrugged.

"Who are you?" he was asking a lot of questions, which annoyed me.

"Natasha Romanoff." I told him, smiling slightly.

"Are you here to kill me, Ms. Romanoff? Because... that's not going to work out for everybody." I scoffed, chuckling as he played with his fingers.

"No, I'm not. I'm here on behalf of SHIELD." I spilled.

"SHIELD..." he whispered. "How'd they find me?"

"We never lost you, Doctor. We've kept our distance. Even helped keep some other interested parties off your scent." I explained.

"Why?"

"Nick Fury seems to trust you. I trust Nick Fury. But now we need you to come in."

"What if I say no?" he asked after a few moments.

"I'll persuade you." I smirked.

"And what if the... other guy says no?"

"You've been more than a year without an incident. I don't think you want to break that streak." I shook my head. "Look, we're facing a potential global catastrophe."

He chuckled sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, those... those I actively try to avoid."

"This is the Tesseract." I took my phone out. "It has the potential energy to wipe out the planet." I showed him.

"What does Fury want me to do, swallow it?" he asked and I chuckled, sitting down.

"He wants you to find it, it's been taken. It emits the gamma signature that's too weak for us to trace. There's no one that knows gamma radiation as you do. If there was, that's where I'd be."

"So, Fury isn't after the monster." he realized. "I'm in..." he sighed.

~

𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀

I was on the boat where Fury instructed me to go to. I was nervous. I had to actually speak to Natasha again. I didn't want to do that. If I did, I would probably yell at her for forgetting about me.

"No, Nick, please don't make me go." I begged as he held my arm, bringing me over to Natasha.

"You and Romanoff are going to fix this. I can't have 2 of my best agents not talk to each other. Ever since you both saw each other again, years ago, you haven't spoken a word. Fix it. Now." he let me go once I was in front of Natasha.

"Can I help you?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, as Fury walked away.

"Uh..." I froze, looking at her.