[𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐀

We arrived at the tower and Helen Cho's nurses took Clint to her lab for his injury.

"He's... gonna be ok, right?" Questioned Natasha.

"Yeah, of course, he will, it's nothing." I smiled at her as I stood next to her.

My hand brushed against hers and I blushed, biting my lip to try and hide my smile getting bigger.

Maria walked by and Natasha walked away.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked her.

"NATO's got him." She let him know.

"The two enhanced?" I asked.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." She said, giving us her tablet and a video started playing. "Orphaned at 10 when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history." She spoke as we walked into the tower. "It's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?"

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Maria informed us of all their powers.

We looked at her with a look and she sighed.

"He's fast, she's weird." She nodded.

"That's better," I muttered.

"They're gonna show up again." Steve reminded us.

"Agreed," Maria said. "File says they volunteered for Strucker's experiments. It's nuts." She judged.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Come on, don't say stuff like that. You shouldn't judge them, they thought they were doing something right. They were manipulated." I said.

"Right," Steve said, replying to Maria's comment. "What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country." He snapped as we got into the elevator and she stayed outside.

"We're not at war, Captain." Maria sighed.

"They are." He said before the doors closed.

~

"How's he doing?" Bruce asked as we all waited in Cho's lab.

"Unfortunately, he's still Barton." Tony joked.

"Oh, wow, that's terrible." Bruce agreed, making me chuckle.

"He's fine. He's just thirsty." Clint said, referring to himself in the third person, making Natasha laugh.

Tony left the lab to go work on the scepter.

"Are you sure he's gonna be ok?" Natasha questioned, looking at the machine that was doing whatever the hell it was doing to Barton. I don't know, I wasn't paying attention. "Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." She joked, causing Clint to chuckle.

"There's no possibility of deterioration," Cho said. "The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're binding with simulacra."

"She's creating tissue." Bruce scoffed, amazed.

"If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes." She nodded.

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony walked back in with smoothies in his hands.

"What the hell is that?" I questioned, disgusted. "It looks like rotten mold," I said.

"It's a kale smoothie, chill out, I'm not trying to poison you, darling." He smirked as I cringed.

"Ew. To both of those things you just said."

"No, no, no, I'm gonna live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint laughed. "You two are children, I swear." He said as Tony passed him his drink.

"Why on God's green Earth would you give us this? This is disgusting." I made a face after I tasted it.

"If you didn't want it, why'd you drink it?" Natasha asked.

"I like to try new things," I smirked, looking her up and down, causing her to blush when she realized what I meant.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton," Cho said, reassuring him. "Your own girlfriend won't even be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend..."

"That... I can't fix," Cho scoffed, making us all laugh. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust." 

"That is exactly the plan." Tony smiled. "And, Helen, I expect you to be at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She chuckled, getting back to her work. "Um... will Thor be there?" She questioned, making us snicker.

Bruce and Tony left to do God knows what and I sat there with Natasha as we waited for Clint to be finished with his skin regeneration thing.

After a few minutes, I got bored.

"Ok, I'm gonna go spar. I wanna practice." I got up.

"I'll come, this is taking too long. You gonna be good here, Clint?" She asked and he nodded, half-asleep. 

We chuckled and walked out. We went to the training room and got ready.

"Are you ready for me to beat your ass?" Natasha smirked.

"Are you?" I chuckled.

We started fighting, punches flying and missing, thankfully. We had wrapped our legs around the other's necks a few times, but we always threw each other off. I chuckled as I got up from the last time she kicked me down.

"What was that about me getting my ass kicked?" She smiled.

I smirked and kicked her legs, making her fall on the mat, groaning. I laughed softly as she shook her head chuckling on the floor.

"I was right," I went to help her up.

As revenge, she kicked my legs and I fell on top of her, my arms next to her head. She wrapped her arms around my waist and flipped us so she was on top and her arms were next to my head. My hands landed on her shoulders and she smiled as we stared at each other.

"What was that again?" She whispered.

I got lost in her emerald green eyes, reminding me of the safe place I used to know when I was little.  Her comforting me when I had to spar with one of our friends and I had to hurt her and maybe even kill her, her comforting me when I was having a bad day. I had fallen in love with her so long ago and I had just now realized it. This wasn't a crush anymore. I would do anything for her.

I leaned in and kissed her, our lips moulding together perfectly, my hands moving to her face, cupping it. I had wanted to do this forever and this was the perfect opportunity. She relaxed in my arms, one of her arms moving to my cheek, cupping it.

We separated, my eyes still closed as I was nervous to open them. She kissed back, so I don't think she'd be repulsed. Right?

I opened my eyes to find her staring at me, a small smile on her face. I let out a small breath of relief. She was happy.

"That was um..." I whispered. I didn't know what to say.

"The best thing that's happened today," She whispered, brushing her finger against my cheek.

My smile grew. She liked me.