Ahtohallan is Beautiful

Author's Note: Omg, ya'll, I am so sorry for taking an extra week to upload. The week of the fourth of July has multiple birthdays in my family and I had family members staying at my house. Everything was so hectic, but I should be back on schedule for this week and beyond!

Elsa took my hand and pulled me out of my bedroom. We got all the way to the nearby lake before she told me anything. I recognized the place, it was my old writing spot from before Elsa got here. I could see the crooked tree a few feet away from us.

"Before I came here, to the forest, I had no idea what I wanted. I was confused, and scared, and alone. But this helped me. I think it could help you too." Elsa paused for a moment as the water spirit appeared from the depths of the water. Like before, Elsa pressed her head against the spirit and a layer of ice formed around it. It walked out of the water onto the land. Elsa hopped atop the horse and reached her hand out for me to grab it. I hesitated. I didn't know if I wanted to go with her. I was scared. I didn't know what she was going to do to me. I looked into her eyes. They were sparkling. She was excited to take me with her. She was so welcoming. A smile was firm across her lips. As I looked into her eyes, I knew. I grabbed her hand and closed my eyes. I could feel as she pulled me as hard as she could, and before I knew it I was with her on the horse.

"Hold on," She said as the horse started to run. I panicked for a moment, and out of instinct I wrapped my arms around her waist. I was embarrassed when I realized, but Elsa didn't seem to care or notice at all. Plus, I was way too scared to try and let go and risk falling off the horse. We rode for a few moments longer, I looked to see the trees rushing past my line of sight. When the water spirit finally decided to slow down, we were at the beach. I was finally comfortable enough to lift my head, as throughout the entire ride I was firmly grasping onto Elsa in fear. I could tell it was afternoon, but it wasn't too late. I hoped Ryder wouldn't be too mad about me going out when I was supposed to be sick. The horse was now calmly trotting across the beach towards the mountains.

"I should probably tell you what we're doing, huh?" Elsa said as she smiled back at me. She sighed.

"I think this is what you need. A push in the right direction. You don't need to hide any part of yourself, you know?"
"Elsa-"
"I mean, it cleared up my mind so much, everything that felt so fuzzy and confusing was there and I could take comfort in that."
"Elsa-"

"Oh, yes? What is it?"

"Elsa, where are we going?"

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to ahtohallan." I sat there, mouth wide open. Ahtohallan? The place I could only dream of since I was a kid? I was left there, once again, in awe of everything that Elsa could do. It's obvious how she became the fifth spirit. She was magnificent. Soon, the horse slowed his trot near a large rock.

"Hold on," Elsa said, and I again grabbed tightly to her waist. I didn't even worry this time, I knew it was okay, and I was terrified of falling off. The horse rustled its feet a few times, and then with no sudden warning, bolted off into the ocean. I closed my eyes and braced for the feeling of ice cracking and freezing cold water, but, nothing happened. I opened my eyes again to see the water spirit gracefully carrying Elsa and I across the miles of frozen ice surrounding us. I looked back to see the image of the forest fading farther and farther away until it was a dot in the horizon. By the time I faced forward again, I could see it, ahtohallan in all its beauty, inching towards us.

"Almost there," Elsa nodded to me. I couldn't help but gasp as we came closer to the large iceberg. When we were right near to the opening Elsa hopped off and extended her hand towards me to help me down. This time, I didn't hesitate at all as I grabbed her hand and hopped off of the spirit. Like before, Elsa placed her head up against the horse and it faded back under the ice. Elsa grabbed my hand and rushed me inside. She had been here a few times since she moved here, and clearly knew the place very well. She pulled me through the frozen tunnel lit up by ice. I had caught on now, and we were both running together. She helped me through obstacles, and held me close through the different tunnels, at one point we entered this dome shaped room. I kept running and laughing, but I felt Elsa stop.