~proposal~

~O~

~O~

Taehyung POV

"Basically... yes."

I watch as the incredulous look on her face shifts into a more serious one, as she realizes I'm not joking.

"What if I say no?" A skeptical look crosses her face.

"Then you struggle to have a child, and I have no one to cover my tracks at the company." I state, matter of factly.

She looks disappointed in my answer, but continues, "And if I accept?"

"Well, then we both get what we want. Bonus, I'll pay for anything you need related to the kid." I lean forward, setting my forearms on the table. Her eyes briefly flit down my hoodie, but quickly shift back to my face.

"Okay... how do we explain not living together? You know, if we're a couple and all."

"Easy, I'll buy you an apartment in the same building as mine." I pull out my phone and send her a couple of links to some real estate websites.

"See, everything is planned out. I'll even go to the adoption center today and see how this goes."

She seems lost in thought, involuntarily chewing her lips, any harder and she may not have any lips left. But as I continue watching those red lips, I feel myself getting warmer and more conscious.

Finally, FINALLY. She speaks up, "Give me time, this was unexpected. I'll let you know by the end of today."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever floats your boat. Just remember, this is a deal. Nothing more." I glance up at the waitress heading towards us, a smile plastered on her face.

"Are you ready to pay, sir?" Oh she definitely knew what she was doing. I hand her the money with a wink, along with my number and leave with Minji.

As we step out into the cool fall day, Minji scoffs.

"What?" I ask, irritated.

"Do you really have to hit on everyone you meet?" She replies.

"No...but she was pretty and definitely knew what she's getting into." I pause, "Wait, are you jealous? You know, what with your being in love with m-"

"No stop. You don't get to bring that up." A cold look crosses her face, "I may have feelings for you, but that doesn't mean that I like those feelings or even want them. You're not so special, you just happened to be the wrong person at the wrong place and time for me."

She walks off, leaving me standing in the middle of the road. Whatever, not my problem.

~O~