v. the heart that will never heal

𑁋 trigger warning

depression, hallucinations, attempted suicide, suicide note

five ; the heart that will never heal

( august 7, 2022 )

EVERYTHING HURTS. HER head pounded painfully from behind her eyes, making her clench her eyes shut at times. Her mouth felt so dry that she almost got up to get a cup of water. Her stomach felt like it was caving in on itself. Her body was screaming at her, shouting, begging her to get up. To drink some water, to eat something. To move.

Evangelina hasn't moved from her bed in almost two months. Not to eat, and not to drink. Every once in a while, Uncle Kol or Uncle Elijah would come in, and force her to drink. They would sit beside her on her bed, and watch her eat and drink. They would gently coax her. They would never ask why she didn't move, or eat. They never tried to get her to move after the first time they tried. ("Come, Evangelina, you need to go to school," Elijah said, his hand gently gripping onto her forearm, and trying to drag her out of bed. Evangelina immediately started screaming, her eyes focused on something in the far left corner. Her green eyes were distant, and slightly grey. Elijah had immediately sat her back down on the bed, Eva calming down the second she was let go. But her eyes still stared at the corner, not moving even an inch.)

Eva didn't even try to talk anymore. Instead, keep quiet, and say nothing. She didn't even attempt at anything anymore. She hadn't gone to school in almost three months, she could only imagine her parents' reaction when they got the call. Unless, of course, they already got it and just don't care.

All she wanted was to see Hayden again. Why couldn't she see him again?

Distantly, she heard the sound of a car starting, and driving away. Usually, it would fill her with such anger, but she couldn't feel anything more. She didn't know why. She didn't care either.