xviii. answers

eighteen ; answers

eighteen ; answers

ELIJAH MIKAELSON STARED at his brother, watching as he paced around the room, his aggravation clear and twisting around the air

ELIJAH MIKAELSON STARED at his brother, watching as he paced around the room, his aggravation clear and twisting around the air. The rest of his family had retired to their respective rooms, or moved to separate parts of the rented apartment — although he's fairly certain that Kol and Davina had sneaked away to visit Eva.

In truth, he was glad the two slipped away, after what happened this afternoon, Elijah was worried for Eva. His niece seemed moments away from breaking, a fact that Elijah had been dreading since his family began the search for her. He had tried to keep his family away from Eva, and he had succeeded for the last decade. He only hopes that they won't cause too much damage.

Klaus shouts, bringing Elijah's attention more firmly on his younger brother. The living room was trashed, couches thrown this way and that, dents in the walls, and various pieces of what used to be decorations spread around the floor. "There has to be something that we're missing!" Klaus snaps, stopping to stand in the middle of the living room. He turned to look at his brother, fire blazing in his eyes, "Something happened. Something that we don't know about."

He paces again, his thoughts running rampant as he desperately thinks of a way to fix this. To fix Evangelina. To fix everything.

Klaus knows that they treated Evangelina, that's obvious. But there's something that happened behind closed doors, something that he has no knowledge of. Klaus knows rage, and he knows that there was something else. Her rage was something of pain that he had only ever felt when his mother cursed his werewolf side away — that type of rage is one you only feel from a loss of something so deeply rooted in who you are that nothing will ever fill its gap.

This was a type of rage that wasn't because of their neglect.

"What else do you know about Evangelina's past, Elijah?" Klaus asks, turning once again to face his brother. His gaze sharp, Elijah was the one who knew the most about Evangelina — he was the one who seemed to be holding secrets.