𝟣

"B come on now. The list is gonna be posted any second now." I waited beside her as she shoved her stuff into her backpack as quickly as she could. Today the Softball Varsity final team list is being posted and I'm dying to know if we made it or not. Last year we tried out for J.V. and it was tough, but we made it through, it was definitely a shocker seeing as we were freshmen but nonetheless, we did great. Trying for Varsity is a bit of a long shot in Sophomore year but here we are anyways.

"Okay let's go, hurry!" Belle slings her backpack over her shoulders, and we sprint to the gym notice board.  "Oh lord there's already multiple people there, oh wait I forgot around half are probably here for J.V." 

"True. Wait they haven't even posted the list yet. Thank god, I need a moment to think." I sighed feeling relieved. "Oh, look there's the baseball guys." I pointed over to the other side of the gym near the boy's locker room.  

"Listen up ladies and germs," calls the baseball coach as he walks out of his office. "All of you did well but only twenty four out of fifty-three made Varsity, twelve for baseball and twelve for softball. For J.V. out of all sixty kids who tried, only twenty-six made it." He looks around and assessed the crowd before continuing, "Everyone who tried for J.V. go to the left side of the gym and Varsity on the right. Move people we don't have all day." 

While moving I spotted Ana, Emma and Avelyn so Belle and I decide to join them, turns out everyone's nervous as hell. They decided to announce the J.V. team first so everyone on the Varsity side is erupting with nervousness and the nerve-wracking nausea. I look around to scope out familiar faces and who I might potentially play with. I see Emma talking to Chris and they look over and wave, so I send them a wave with a small smile. I also spotted a familiar reddish brunette, but we don't speak of him, I waved Oliver and James over. 

"Hey, long time no see huh?" I gave Oliver a side hug.

"Yeah, I know right, it's been a while," Belle agreed as James hugged her.

"Not long enough apparently." Oliver joked.

I lightly punched his arm, "Oh yeah," I raised my eyebrow. "Want me to go tell Ave that? Huh? I bet she'd love to hear that." I smirked, James and Belle in their own little conversation, not paying attention whatsoever.

"No Kaia noooo. You wouldn't dare,"

"But I would...." I slowly said. "Hey Avel-" I was interrupted by Oliver slapping his hand over my mouth and pulling me back away from Avelyn's direction. 

I always knew he liked her, it wasn't extremely obvious but him wanting to be near her every time, the way he looks at her when she talks and always talking to her and agreeing with her made it obvious to me. Who would've known that he's liked her since fourth grade? It's spring of Sophomore year and he still hasn't confessed or anything. I intend on being his wingwoman.

"I'm kidding, chill. I think you should tell her though, it's obviously gonna hurt if you get rejected but at least you'll have the satisfaction that you tried and found out. If you don't try you will forever regret it, yanno like you'll never get peace with yourself. It will eat you alive not knowing what would've happened." I advised trying to help him make a move. 

"This seems full of "been there done that" vibes, who was it?" He asked, cleverly changing the subject.

"Really? That's what you ask, not a "Okay let's go plan the proposal or confession.". "I shook my head as he gave me look that said explain. "Ugh fine. Before freshman year during the summer, I hung out with this kid that I've known for over ten years, and I liked him obviously and I confessed and all, but he rejected me. We're still friends but if I hadn't told him, I think I would have died from curiosity of not knowing what he felt."