Chapter 11

Take Care

I get off the bus a few blocks from Lewis and Justin's dorm building around 8:50 pm. I'm really worried now because on the bus I tried calling him again and he still didn't answer. My phone is nearly dead.

"Lewis, Lewis?!" I knock on his door. He doesn't answer. I wiggle the knob and realize it's unlocked.

"Lewis?" My eyes try to adjust to the darkness of the room and I follow the sound of sobs. "Lew! Ah...." I trip to find myself by the end of his bed, I drop my bag and lose my phone.

"Lewis?" I see a figure in the corner by his bed. "Lewis?" I stumble over to him.

"Lewis." I feel for his face in the dark.

"Mmm..." He mumbles, with his hand reaching for me, I grab his hand but he was holding something in it. Adjusting to the dark, I try to see what I'm holding. A round long container of some sort. 'What?' I think to myself but once I realize what it is, I run to find the lights and turn them on.

"Lewis! Lewis! What did you do!" Throwing the bottle, I fall to his side. "Lewis!" I grab his face feeling the dampness of his tears and lift up his head. "Lewis, hear me. Keep your eyes open. Lewis, please respond."

"Arieya's dead." He breaks down.

"Oh, Lew." I try to fight back tears, "But now she doesn't have to hurt anymore."

"I..." He doses off. I shake him. "I don't want to hurt anymore."

"Lewis please, I need you here." I pull his body up, shoving my fingers down his throat.

He resists as much as his weakening body will let. "Nooo.."

"Lewis stay with me." I pump his back. "Help! I need help." I scream. Lewis begins gagging and coughing up substances. "I need help!" A girl in her underwear and two guys from the dorm rush in. "Call 911 now," I yell looking up.

----

"Lewis!" I jump up out of the hospital chair as his eyes begin to twitch. I go over and grab his hand.

"Mhm." He moves his head.

"Nurse! He's up."

"What am I doing here?" He starts freaking out. "No! I don't want to be here. No! Get this stuff off of me. Now!!" He starts pulling at the tubes around him.

"Lewis, Lewis. Calm down. Lewis! Nurse!" His nurse runs into the room.

"Lewis your up. Lewis please, you need to calm down." The nurse holds him down.

"I don't want to be here, just let me go!" He tries to leave the bed.

"Lewis. Please calm down Lewis I need you to be okay. Lewis, please." I tear up, and like that, he lays back in the bed.

"I'm sorry." He turns his body to the wall.

"Are you going to be calm now?" The nurse asks.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'm going to get the Doctor now." She leaves out.

"How long was I out?" He looks out the window.

"All night, It's 9 am something now." I rub my red eyes.

"I'm sorry if I scared you." He rubs his IV arm not being able to look me in the eyes. "You must be exhausted."