Chapter 4

The Timing

Scott and I meet up at a cafe a few miles outside of campus.

"So..." Scott says rubbing his chin. "After this, when am I going to really see you again? Other than in the classroom. It's been two days without being with you." 

"You know we have to hang low for a while but soon," I grab his hand and place them on the table and pull him close to kiss. "I am for you and only you and we will have time," I say.

"Why must I share you with the world? I want to keep you all to myself." He slides his hands up my shoulders. 

"The world is an unfair place." I kiss him again. "Suck it up." I joke.

"How was Friday and Saturday? You seemed to be too busy to see me. All I get is a Sunday morning." He stares sadly at me.

"I have friends and I have to study too, I'm a college student. It's not like I'm a professor who already graduated." I lean across the table and tape my index finger on his nose. He grabs my finger.

"You make me out to seem so old. I'm not old." He kisses my hand. "I just have the knowledge and class of an older man..... So that is all you did this weekend?"

"Yes, pretty much," I respond quickly. 

The waitress comes with our food and I pull my hands back. We eat in silence just staring at each other, trying to read deeper than the words that were said.

After we eat we go outside and hug deeply for a moment then kiss, and we go our separate ways.

I make it back to the dorm a little after 1 pm and Taira's there with Justin. As I walk in they look at me with that mhmm face. I stare back at them in confusion.

"Sooo how was brunch?" Taira folds her arms jokingly.

"Why are you so concerned?" I squint my eyes at her.

"Hey we're best friends, we tell each other almost everything." She taps her hand on the couch for me to sit. 

"What is there to tell?" I look at her. "I had breakfast."

"But with whom?" She arches her eyebrows.

'I don't think she would've seen my phone this morning, how does she know I was with someone?' I respond slowly trying not to incriminate myself before I know if she really knows.

"What do you mean, who?" I shrug my shoulders.

"You know," She nods her head. "And Justin knows too." She nodes his arm and he looks up from his phone.

"Hey don't put me in this. I know nothing." Justin says straight, going back to his phone.

"What are you guys talking about?" I stare at her confused she couldn't possibly know, I'm careful.

"Lewis was out this morning. But he, for some reason didn't want to say where he went or was going," She smirks. "I mean if you guys really hit it off you don't have to keep it a secret. We hooted ya'll up for that reason."

My eyes widen. "Wait, what?! no not...Lew...." I stop myself. "Oh... So you know."

"Yeah it was pretty obvious, why didn't you just say." She opens her hand to the side.

"Stupid reasons, I didn't want you to say 'I told you so' about actually having fun." I give her the 'I know it's stupid' look. and she gives me the 'yeah yeah' face.

"Well since you know now, I gotta go handle something. B.R.B." I grab my phone and leave the dorm awkwardly. 'I need to call Lewis.'

Ring. Ring. Ring. By the third ring, he picks up.