Chapter 12

Fix Me

I stay with Lewis for the rest of the week. He tries nothing. We watch movies and chill and talk.. but never bring up either of our secrets. Time flies I never even realize it. I think I'm really falling for him but I can't right now... Not yet. Scott.

"What time is it?" I jump up from the bed.

"I don't know 10?" Lewis answers.

"oh my gosh, I gotta go." I look around for my stuff.

"No, please stay just a few more minutes." He begs.

"Lewis, I've been here all week. We have school to get back to and I have a roommate." I sit on the bed. "Isn't Justin coming back today?" I ask.

"Yeah so." He takes my hand. "He can stay with Taira."

"Lewis, hun." I brush his face. "Where's my phone?"

"Over..." He stalls. "Over... Ahhhh!" He leaps across the bed to search for it.

"Ahhh!" I do the same.

"Got it!" He praises and stands up.

"Lewis!" I give him a tone.

"Ah ah." He raises his hand with my phone in the air with his back to the bed. "Try and get it"

"Fine." I step back and then charge, jumping on top of him to try and retrieve my phone. He falls back onto the bed. I sit on his torso with a leg on each side trying to pin his hands but he's stronger.

"Give it Lewis!" I laugh.

 He playfully wrestles me and flips me to my back laughing too. We stop for a second but in that time our laughs become duller until they're just heavy breathing. Our eyes lock, I could feel what was going to happen next and I needed to stop it but I didn't want to. He leans in when... The door handle jingles and then opens.

"Oh no," Taira says at the door, and we both jump up. "Don't get up now." A cooling relief comes over me.

"Yeah, Lewis." Justin pops his head into the room caring his suitcase. "You were supposed to pick me up."

"You said you weren't getting in til 11?" Lewis unapologetically says.

"Yeah..." Justin puts his bag on the bed. "It's 1 pm."

"Oh." Lewis looks at the floor.

"Yeah, It's good I left my set of keys with Taira."

"Real sorry man." They dap up.

"Have you been okay, while I was gone?" Justin stares at Lewis.

"Yea good, Shut up." He punches his shoulder.

I look at Justin then give Lewis a Does-Justin-know look. He ignores it. And I then understand the point of Justin confronting me before.

"What am I missing?" Taira pushes her way into the conversation.

"Nothing." Lewis, Justin and I say in unison.

"Well then." She stops. "Mena, what's your excuse?"

"Lost track of time." I shrug. "Phone." I place my hand out to Lewis.

"Oops, it was off." He tries to look innocent handing me my phone back finally.

I turn it on and go through it. 28 missed calls and 18 messages. You can guess where the most came from. Scott, some Taira.... and others from my classes.