Chapter 42

MATTHEW

I got off of work a bit earlier than usual, giving me more time to spend with Megan today than we usually have. We both have work to do this weekend but I'd rather do my work with Megan next to me. She already texted me that she got to the flat and Evan let her in. I really need to give her a key, so she can come whenever she wants.

When I walk inside I immediately spot the two of them watching tv. Megan sprawled out on on couch, Evan on the other. I kick of my shoes and drop my bag in the hallway and make my way to my girl. I could have sat next to her but where's the fun in that. Instead, I lay on top of her, my head resting on her chest.

"Hey baby. How was work?"

"Dumb. I like this more."

"Are you hungry? Evan and I made stew, it should be ready in half an hour or so."

"Okay, can I stay here until then?"

Megan giggles, I can feel her whole body move underneath mine.

"You're so whipped." Evan's laugh rumbles through the room.

"I know, man. It's great. You should try it some time."

After dinner Megan and I both get to work. We won't see each other for almost a month after this weekend. Megan starts finals in just a few weeks and after she will be in London. I won't see her until Christmas. I've always liked Christmas but having Megan join us this year just makes it so much better. I still don't know what I want to give her. I know she doesn't care for expensive meaningless things. I want to give her something special. I just don't know what it is yet.

"Are you almost done studying?"

"Are you ever truly done studying?"

"Probably not. But you look so cute! I just want to lie in bed and watch a movie or so."

"Give me thirty minutes to finish these readings and I'm all yours."

"Mine, huh?"

"You have occupied my mind and my heart from the first moment I saw you, don't act like you don't know that."

I do know that. She's told me often enough. I love that I drive her just as crazy as she drives me. I try to focus back on my project but she looks too pretty to not look at her. She puts her hair in a bun on top of her head. Hairs fall all around her face. She's looking all serious as she focusses on her laptop.

I wonder what I did to deserve her in my life.

After Megan finished her course work we put on a movie but I don't think we made it past the halfway point of it. Megan has been super busy with her courses and working at the coffee shop so she was exhausted. She fell asleep with her cheek pressed against my shoulder and her leg thrown over mine. Even if I had wanted to move, there would have been no way to do so without waking her up. Luckily I was more than happy to stay where I was and cuddle with my girl all night.

"Matt, wake up. Please, Matty." I grunt when she pokes her fingers against my chest. It's way too early to be getting up already. "I really need to pee, Matt."

"Fine." I let her slip away from underneath me and bury my nose in my pillow. It smells like her, my favourite scent.

"I'm back already, so you can get that pout from your face." I show a big grin on my face as she crawls back in bed next to me, making her giggle.

"How did you sleep, baby?"

"I slept great, but then again, I always do when we're together." She's right about that. Nothing beats a night of sleep with her in my arms.

"So, what do you want to do today?"

"Can we just do nothing all day? I've been so busy this week and I just want to forget about the outside world and my responsibilities for a bit."

"Of course, we don't even have to get out of bed if you don't want to."

"Nah, I need food. And I need food soon because I can feel a hangry mood coming up."

"Food it is!" I jump out of bed and throw on a pair of joggers. I love Megan to death but when she's either hungover of hungry she's not necessarily a joy to be around. Don't tell her I said that. I put some bread in the toaster and start making the eggs. In the meantime Megan starts making coffee for us. We've got our morning routine figured out rather well. I make us food, she makes us coffee.

"What's up? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're looking so hot right now."

"Well, thank you I guess."

"Your hair just look so good, being all messy. It makes me want to run my hands through it. And you still have marks on your skin from where I laid all night."

"So this is your thing? Bed hair and sleep marks?"

"Only on you, baby."

"Good thing you don't have a serious case of bed hair yourself."

"What?" She runs to the mirror and tries to tame her curls with her hands which is no use of course.

"Leave it baby! I like your hair like this. All big and fluffy."

"I look like a damn lion, Matthew!"

"I must say I do like your feisty side."

"You're impossible!"

"Who cares? Now come eat breakfast or it will get cold."