40

"Why did you come?" Just before she could answer, the young child was now scare among as she hit the floor. Brooklyn immediately gazed at her, using her gifts to stop her pain.
Jane looked at her shocked, glaring, Brooklyn smirked as she helped the young girl up.

"She's with us!" She repeated,

"I don't know! Riley wouldn't tell us..he said our thoughts weren't safe!" The young girl spoke, balancing herself on her new friend.

"Her name was Victoria..perhaps you knew her!?" Edward spoke,

"Edward..if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria they would have stopped her!" Carlisle spoke, gazing at them as Jane kept a serious face. "Isn't that right, Jane?"

"Course..Felix.." the tall man stepped forward,

"She didn't know what she was doing! Well take full responsibility for her.." Esme spoke, trying her best not to let them harm the child.

"Give her a chance.."

"..the Volturi don't give second chances..besides..you got your only one with your daughter!" Brooklyn glared, "keep that in mind.. Kaya's will be interested to know..she's the only one who was turned!"

"The date is set!" Bella spoke, watching as James face dropped. Quickly fixing herself, the watched as Felix walked back up toward the girl.

They stood there as he quickly tore her apart, her screams quickly stopping.

Brooklyn watched the Volturi walk off, sighing, she gave her parents a look, quickly running through the forest herself.

She hadn't realised how much adrenaline she had from killing all those New Borns and Victoria, that's she hadn't realised she was now stood in New York.

Now realising, she began to walk down the busy streets. Holding her thirst in as she continued to look forward, not daring to look anyone in the eye.

She had received many missed calls and messages from everyone she went to school with, but never answered. The pain was too much for her. She knew what they were going to tell her,
That her first love is dead.

She wouldn't be able to go through one phone call without her heart shattering.

Sighing, Brooklyn abruptly stopped as she saw a large group of figures standing across the large space. Watching, she immediately knew what day it was. Brooklyn watched as the priest spoke a few words, using her supernatural hearing to listen in.

"Daniel Grayson Rodgers was known to many others here today..a son..a friend..and although not everyone he loved could make it, he'd know how much they'd miss him." Brooklyn's heart immediately shattered, biting her lips as she slowly walked forward. Brooklyn patted down her black dress, pulling her jacket over herself to make it look as though she was cold.
"And-" looking up, everyone followed his gaze as she stood there quietly.

"Brooke.." looking forward, she locked eyes with Mrs and Mr Rodgers. Smiling gratefully, the woman pulled her in for a tight embrace as she put on a smile.

Soon the priest continued with the service, he spoke a few more words, watching everyone shed a few tears.

Some stared at the girl in confusion and shock as she never once she'd a tear, and thought they couldn't see it, Brooklyn's heart was now shattered into a minion pieces. She felt numb, nothing inside but emptiness.

Once everyone has separated into small groups, Brooklyn watched as they all climbed into different cars as they made their way to the wake. Just as she was about to leave, she could feel someone's eyes set on her.

Turning around, Brooklyn immediately glared as a figure stood there. She already knew what he was, a vampire.

Before she could do anything however, Brooklyn watched as he zoomed away without a trace. Sighing, she turned back once again as Mr and Mrs Rodgers both stood there.

"Hi.."

"Thank you!" Brooklyn gave her a confused look, as her husband held her hands tightly. "For coming today..we hoped you would come..I left you a few messages along with some of Danny's friends.."

"Oh..Uh yes..I-I went off on a sabbatical." They face her a confused look as she sighed, "a year after we left..I was told my birth parents were killed..and then everything with..Danny.."

Mrs Rodgers held in her sobs, eventually letting out a choked cry as she apologised quickly before running off. Sighing, the man sent her a smile. "It's been hard.."

"No..I-I get it! Look..I Uh..I should probably get back..I've got a plane to catch.."

"So soon..couldn't you stay for the wake?"

"Uh..I'm sorry..my family have no idea I've came and..they would kill me!" The man laughed slightly, pulling her in for a quick hug before she slowly bid him goodbye.

Just as she was about to leave, Brooklyn could hear as Jake followed behind her. The young vampire didn't bother sparing him one last glance as she ran in normal speed through the graveyard.

After a long journey home, Brooklyn opened the front door

"Where the hell have you been?"
Carlisle rushed to his daughter, only to be pushed back as she glared a little.

"At a funeral!"

Sighing, he without hesitation pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Brooklyn just walked past him, up the stairs and into her room.

She sat there all night, just staring at the ceiling.

Suddenly, a loud thud came from the room beside her as she groaned. Walking out, she banged on Alice and Jaspers bedroom door annoyed.
"LEAVE!"

"STOP FUCKING EACH OTHER WHEN IM IN THE NEXT ROOM! HOW MANY GODDAMN TIMES?!" With that, she banged in the door once more before speeding out the window for her usual, nightly hunt.

***