five

He hadn't been intentional in his findings when he crossed paths with her. His actual target had been a Black Dog that was creeping through the abandoned buildings and feeding on carcasses. Detroit was a dying city, getting smaller and smaller everyday. If t weren't were for gentrification of some areas, he supposed the place would dry up and die and less than a decade or two. 

What he did find were areas where the Good Folk had come back, and were taking back lands that were considered "poisoned". He disposed of the Dog, the demonic thing was too close to human living, and was just an annoyance all around. Maybe if he went up North, in this season he could bag the illusive Dogman. The werewolf like creature that had been terrorizing the Northern end of the Lower Penninsula, and sometimes the Upper Penninsula since 1887. 

The hunter merely handled things that touched too close to the human cities. If they caused a ruckus, it would ruin it for the ones that were quiet. There were some hunters that killed for sport, and they were no better than the monsters they slay. 

He had stopped in for a beer, whatever was on tap at one of the restaurants in Greek Town. A Pizzeria that specialized in thick, pancrust pizzas and family dining. She came in with a gated walk. She paused at the door, looking around cautiously, before walking in. 

He sighed, more annoyed than anything. A neophyte in this area would lead a pandemic of vampires. The hunter did not spot a partner, or companion for the female, which was worse for wear. By human standards, she was beautiful. Slender, delicate form, full lips, almond eyes, smooth cocoa skin and midnight hair that neat and straight, resting down the center of her back. He had made her for a nonhuman, and he could not decide if it was good or bad with how she looked by monster standards.

Thin, frail, her eyes lacked luster that would captivate prey, and by the way she composed herself she was suffering internal pain from lack of a proper feed. The way she walked had many men looking her way. He would have to follow her out, see where she lived and end her. She was infected, and her Sovereign was not taking care of her. She was a danger to herself and everyone around her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Navigating around the sleeping house was simple. He had an idea to bind her, remove her from the house and dispose of her in the river with a few cinderblocks tied to her ankles. He had expected a desolate place with shredded blankets, torn papers, and smelling foul like death. What he found was surprising. 

He was greeted with a small two story house, furnished with well worn wood tables, couches and well stocked fridge and cabinets. He found the female asleep in a bed lined with cartoon character pillows and frowning in her sleep. She gripped her stomach, huffing and groaning, but did not wake when he entered her room. It was small, with skyblue walls and posters of drawings that he could not recognize what game or television show they were from. The hunter looked at her, then spotted bottles of liquid on the floor. He opened lids, sniffing contents and his brows arched in surprise.

"Reishi?" he noted the distinct bitter scent. Someone was looking out for this one, and if she was merely drinking this then she was not that far along. He spotted paper and envelopes dresser and pens lounging in cups on a bookcase. He pulled out a piece of paper, and began to write her a letter. The hunter touched the envelope, turning it from pink to black and placed it on a stack of bank statements and school related notes. It would be obvious for her to spot, and she would answer him as soon as possible.