~*Chapter 39*~

~Remi~

Remi! Yes, that's me I said fixing myself as I stood up. Right this way. I had an appointment today to deal with something that was long overdue. Lisa wants children and I wanna be sure that I can give them to her eventually. In prison they always checked us but they never gave us the best care, so I wanted to make sure that I am good and that nothing would pop up later when we're ready to have these babies. You can go in this room and the doctor will be in a few minutes the nurse said showing me to an office. I was slightly confused as to why she didn't take me to an examination room, but hey maybe these doctors in Atlanta do things differently. I took a seat and took out my phone to text Lisa. She's still in LA with Ti and Justice for the time being, but she said she'd be back by the end of the week because she needed to work more on the album. I sent her a sweet good morning message before hearing the door open behind me.

Ms. Lewis! I am Dr. Nasir the slender woman said walking around the desk to and taking a seat. Hi Dr. Nasir you can call me Remi! Your information says that your full name is Oluremi? Yes, it is but most people can't pronounce it or they say stupid stuff so I go with something short and sweet. I understand that she said smiling at me. You're probably wondering why we're in my office right. I was actually. I like to get to know my patients before I just get all in their business. I chuckled a little, you're better than most guys. They don't understand the fragility of the female specimen, it's more than just a vagina and breast. Our bodies produce life and they should be valued at a higher level. I agree I said nodding. Also, I noticed on your paperwork that you mentioned having some issues. I was assaulted when I was in jail, and the individuals that did it thought it would be funny to use things on me. Say no more she said waving her hand for me to stop. After that incident were you seen by a doctor? At the emergency room and then at the infirmary once a month, I had to get special items that the other inmates didn't receive. Pads she said jotting down notes. Yes and high strength medication for the cramps they were 10 times worse than anything that I'd felt before. How are your periods now? Regular, but still painful. I mean they aren't as painful as they were back then but I can definitely feel them. Have you seen any other doctors since you've been out of prison? No ma'am I just recently got insurance so I making my rounds to doctors you know. I understand, we can move over to the examination room she said making a few more notes on her notepad. She walked me to the examination room, you go ahead and get completely undressed, you can put on the gown with the opening to the front. Ok I said looking at the gown with a questioning look. Quick question are you allergic to any times of materials? Materials? You know metal, plastics, latex? Oh no I am not. Great she said giving me a small smile before leaving the room. I looked at the gown again before disrobing. I ain't gone lie I am nervous as hell; I've never let another woman touch me our my body in that way other than Lisa and unfortunately Nina. Within a few minutes she came back in with another nurse. Ok Ms. Remi this is Nurse Jones, she's here to assist me and for your safety as well. Ok I said laying back on the table.

That was the longest 20 minutes of my life and when she was done, I was more than ready to go cause I felt weird. I'll let you know the results of your tests in a few days. Ok I said not making eye contact with her. Remi! Yes Dr. Nasir. It's ok to feel uncomfortable after the procedure no one said that it would be fun. I am sorry it's just I've been in situations where I haven't been able to control of what happens to my own body. You were assaulted prior to the accident? I nodded to her. You saw a doctor, correct? Yes, I did and that didn't do any damage to me, the second one did it. What does your significant other think about this? She's understanding and we've never been the ones to use toys. So, you have no penetration at all. Rarely and if we do it's highly controlled. I'll the first to tell you Ms. Lewis your uterus is slightly tipped I can't say for sure it's a result of your assault or if you were born that way. I just wanna know if I can have kids? Are you wanting to be pregnant now? No not now but in the future possibly. You'll be fine to have children, of course we'll have to monitor you to make sure you can carry full term, but I am sure you will be ok. Oh, thank god. You go ahead and get dressed and I'll meet you at the nurse's desk. Thank you I said nodding as she left the room. I put my clothes back on and fixed myself before going back out to the nurse's desk to meet the Dr. Here is slip to call and get your results of the examination and I also wrote down the number of a friend of mine. A friend I said looking at her. Mhm She can help you with the dealing with the trauma. Tra...Oh ok Thank you I said taking the information. No problem I'll see you back in a year if you don't need to see me sooner. Thanks Doctor, I said walking out of the office.