Xu Minghao // SEVENTEEN

❍ Y o u   A r e ❍

ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ
ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪᴇʀ✍︎

➸➸➸

Minghao's POV

I got the short opportunity to feel her soft skin brush against mine as we head to her stop. Today was nothing but perfect.

Sure, it had its frequent awkward moments but it was the fact that we had finally hung out properly and learned deeper information about each other that seemed to pull us emotionally closer. It was nice.

○○○

Our third date, unfortunately, still as friends, came to its end. I insisted that I walk her home than just to the bus stop. We decreased the speed of our pace because we didn't wish to see ourselves separating again.

My arm flinched slightly as her hand brushed mine again. I wanted to grab her hand and feel her warmth, but it required confidence I can't gather today.

To my surprise, she gently let her fingers trail to mine as if looking for permission. I responded by sliding her soft fingers in between mine.
Eventually, we were holding hands.

And I have never felt so content.

○○○

It was our fifth date as an official couple. We sure had a blast. Amusement parks were the best when she was around. Her laugh and excited hops were the most endearing sights ever.

This was also the evening I told her I loved her. She said it back with stars in her eyes.

○○○

College was finally over for the both of us! Our goal to graduate has been accomplished. As soon as the ceremony ended, my eyes wandered everywhere until I saw the lovely figure I wanted to meet.

She ran to me and I accepted her into my arms. We congratulated each other with the brightest grins on earth that day. I gave a small peck to her forehead before resting my hand on her waist and congratulating other graduates.

○○○

I was drenched in tears but I did not mind. It didn't matter except for the person I love the most who is crying their pain out on my chest. I caressed her head and whispered affirmations. The world of labor and making a living was dreadful.

Everything's going to be okay and we're going to work together.

○○○

Her smile was contagious while she marveled at the future we pictured for us. I too could not contain the joy of seeing myself with the person I adore for the rest of my life.

Things were working out.

○○○

An argument stirred up today. I don't know how it happened but it did. We oddly just felt so angry at each other.
The fight was immature as we let our anger take control. Unnecessary things were pointed our in order to make the other lose.

How childish.

○○○

It took an attempt of three days to receive her forgiveness. I missed her. A lot. And I know she did too. Everything went back to normal after I visited her house to give a formal apology.