Chapter Five: Burn

"Break, hurry up!" Ada yells as she runs along the wall to the exit of the mansion. Ada then continues. "okay, you ready?" I look down at my feet then I quickly draw my sword out of it's sheath then I nod. "Yeah I'm ready" I look up and readjust my grip on the handle of my sword. Suddenly Ada slams her foot in to the door of the mansion. The door swings wide open. "Go Break, now!" Ada yells as we run out the door. Running outside was like running into a fire.

It was blinding, even though the sky had a grayish haze to it. As I look around this wasteland of a city, I notice towers that were torn apart and hanging on by a limb. The mansion was surrounded by old broken down cars engulfed in eternal flames and embers. I stop to see Ada pull out what It looks to be a flashbang. She pulls the pin and chucks it at some cars a good fifty feet away. The flashbang made a loud deafening sound. My ears were ringing terribly bad. I can make out Ada looking at me and yelling. "We are 3 streets away. Keep going but fight if you have to!" What does she mean by that? Before my eyes the shadow creatures started rising up from the ground. Oh crap I am screwed. I start running for my life, I hope they didn't see me. I look back to see that the creatures had headed their way to the source of the sound. I sigh and start to turn around to catch up to Ada. Just as one of the creatures appeared before my eyes. The creature hits me sending me onto the hard concrete. I quickly reach for my sword to find it missing from my side. I frantically dart my eyes left and right in horror. Until I notice It 5 feet away from me. I try to reach for it but it was no good. I look forward to see the large shadow creature Send a strong hit at me. I quickly roll to my left to dodge the hit. I recover my sword. Standing up, I press the button on my sword. At that moment 25.5 MV's of energy guides along the blade like blue flames. Without hesitation, I take a slash at the creatures hip. The creature spits in half forming embers around the cut. Shortly after that the embers burn the creature away.

Quickly sheathing the blade, I make a mad dash to Ada. Creatures were everywhere. Some of them had shadow-made swords as well. I turn around to see something large form from the ground. It looked like a shadow creature three times the height of a human being. It had a large flaming sword and large glowing devilish eyes.

I look forward to see Ada holding a door to a safehouse open about a half a mile away. I could faintly hear her yell. "Hurry, come on it is going to kill you!!" I look back to see the creature walking fast at me. The creature screeches then slices it's blade into a building. Shortly after the collision, the building starts collapse into the concrete. I didn't care about that as long as I got to that safehouse. "That creature is going to tear this town apart if I don't hurry" I think to myself. I was almost there, I hear ada scream "Hey break watch out!!" I look up to see a building falling. I quickly run the other direction evading the falling building. Around me, rubble hits the ground creating a 8 foot barricade around me. I quickly turn to the creature again. The creature screeches once again in anger, this time the ground starts to shake. A giant Crack forms in the earth in front of me. The Crack starts to split revealing a pit of lava. Concrete was breaking up and was flying all over the place. The last thing I saw was one more piece of concrete fly a good ten feet in the air. My eyes followed it once again. It was heading for my direction. At this rate it was going to hit me. Part of me just didn't want to move. Part of me thought it was a dream..