/ 1 /

Hi.

My name is Victoria. Victoria De Angelis. I'm a 21 year old girl born in Rome, Italy. I'm both Italian and Danish. My mother is from Danmark while my father is from here. They met on vacation in Milan 24 years ago. 3 years later I was born.

Right now I live in a small apartment in the middle of the city of Rome and I have no plans to move from here.

I have experieced a lot in life. From just being a normal young girl, I went to start a band with my friends to become world famous overnight.

But unfortunately, life hasn't always been a dance on roses. I have always struggled with panic attacks and still struggle with it to this day. It ruins a lot for me, but I couldn't get through it without Damiano, Thomas and Ethan.

They have always been there for me through thick and thin and I am so incredibly fond of each and every one of them.

Thomas and I met at school. We had many different bands. I remember when we needed a drummer. Ethan came in and just nailed it. At first I didn't want Damiano in the band because he was too pop, but I'm very happy that I changed my mind.

And all this was just the beginning.

- June 22, 2021 -

It's been one months since we won Eurovison 2021. Me, Damiano, Ethan and Thomas. The joy we shared that day is indescribable, and it has really continued to be that way since we got home to our hang-out spot in Lombardia.

Now we only have a break to get over that we have won and just make new music. I loved when we were together for a long time because we got to do so much more than the short rehearsal hours we had at home in Rome 3-4 times a week.

Today we have a day off and Damiano has invited his fiancé, Giorgia Soleri, to eat with us. She is a 25 year old model from Milan who is very beautiful and almost overzealous.

I'm making pasta bolognese when the doorbell rings.

«I'll take that», Damiano snuck past me.

In the hallway I hear her voice. It's sweet and annoying. I don't know why I feel that way, but all the times she has been with us, she has been clingy. Somehow I managed to get over it because I know Damiano loves her more than anything.

They come walking towards me hand in hand. I looked down at their hands. I repress everything I have previously thought. They fit together and I can see their love for each other in their eyes.

«Hi Vic! It's so nice to finally see you again», she gave me a hug. A warm and long one.

«It's nice to see you too», I smile at her.

I breathe in and out a couple of times.

«Food is ready. You can sit down», I can hardly finish saying it until everyone has sat down and started to appear.

The dinner is going well. We talk and have a good time as a whole big group of friends. I feel Damiano's look at me. I look up at him and smile. He smiles back. He knows I wasn't always comfortable around people I don't know very well and just wanted to make sure everything was going okay.

Dinner is done and I get up to go and wash up. This stupid house doesn't have a dishwasher.

«Let me help you!», Giorgia collects the plates with me. We go out on the kitchen together.

«I wash up and you can dry. Deal?», I ask her and wait for an answer. She nods.

It becomes a embarrassing silence. I don't make much effort to change it either. To be completely honest, I hardly know her. We have met a couple of times in the studio back in Rome and been on like three dinners, but nothing more. What should I talk to her about?