ς⃝

Zayn slowly tiptoed his way as he entered the house. It was past ten o'clock and he was out all day without telling anyone. He looked around and when he saw no one was there he raced his way to the staircase.

"Welcome back Mr Zayn Malik."

"Hey mom, I'm home." Shit. Zayn replied awkwardly laughing.

"Should have used your smelling and hearing senses, if you wanted to escape without being caught," Avery said in a cold voice from where she was sitting on the last chair of the dining table, making it impossible for anyone to notice her.

A shiver ran down Zayn's spine. His mother can really be very scary when the time comes. "I'm sorry mum, it was one of my classmates birthdays. I just lost track of time and Liv also wanted to go, I swear."

"Don't drag poor girl's name. I know you very well. Don't you have enough time to call me, for once?"

"It kind of slipped out of my mind mum. It's not a big deal, I had gone out like this, before too. Why you're being cranky today." Zayn huffed going towards her and pecking her cheeks.

"Maybe because a tiny small promise also got slipped from your mind. Right, sweety?"

Zayn gave her a confused look, searching through his mind that if he said anyone, anything that can go along the line of promise, but he came up with nothing. Ryan, check. Eliot, check. Liv, check, well he was with her all the time. Zav, not a chance but still check. Then who?

Watching Zayn's confused face, Avery already understood that he didn't even remember they got guests at home. So Harry is just a far cry.

"Harry, does it ring some bells?"

"Harry?..........oh shit Harry. I'm so sorry mom, I promised him that I'll take him out with me to have a look around. Ohh god, he might feel left out. I'm going to apologise to him. He would be thinking how much is a jerk I'm." Zayn eyes went wide like saucers, as he rambled continuously cursing under his breath. He instantly shuffled his way towards the staircase, tripping at thin air.

"What about dinner?" Avery asked with a sweet smile on her face, his son can be too cute for his own good sometimes.

"I already had, don't worry. Goodnight mum. I love you." He shouted as he climbed the stairs.

"Goodnight, sunshine," Avery replied but Zayn had already vanished from her view. She chuckled and then went back to her room.

.
.
.
.

Zayn skipped to his room, dumping his backpack and getting himself rid of his dirty clothes which smell of sweat. After taking a hot shower at such a speed that he felt like he is Quicksilver. He spends a while in front of the mirror giving himself a pep talk on how to face Harry and apologise to him. Zayn doesn't understand why every time he gets nervous and self-conscious around the boy.  He checked himself one last time in the mirror, leaving his hair flat on his forehead.

After one last deep breath, he went to Harry's room and was about to knock on the door but then an idea popped in his head. He ran back to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator with his eyes closed, praying that there would be some ice cream inside.

Zayn slightly cracked open his one eye and peeked inside. He wanted to jump in joy when he saw one small tub of ice cream was inside. He took it out and seeing that it's vanilla, he again made a silent prayer that Harry's isn't one of those people who don't like vanilla and complain how plain it is. He then took two spoons out and made a beeline to Harry's room.

Zayn softly knocked on his door, at the third knock Harry opened the door. His hair tousled and sticking out in all the directions, some fringes sticking in his eyes as continuously blinked them to get adjusted to the light in the hallway.