Ep. 3 ❝I am not short❞

Talking to that hot guy you saw at the grocery store AU

Expletives/Overview: another Bucky w/a sleeve tattoo -the whole 9-yards of alt!Bucky essentially accompanied by the one and adorable Sam. Mentions of piercings, needles, tattoos, and blood.

Sam's eyes scanned over the aisle of juices, debating on what he should get: he was stuck between plain cranberry or cran•grape juice. Something so trivial, but Sam knew if he didn't pick what he wanted, in the middle of the week he'd be wishing he had the juice he wanted. Sam just ended up getting both of the jugs of fruit juice, placing them in his buggy (shopping cart) next to his week's groceries.

Deciding to get some snacks because he deserved it after last week with Natasha's family incident -let's just say after they had left Sam's house, his kitchen was in need of being restocked. So Sam looked as if he was planning a party with the array of food he was hauling around and he just had to choose a buggy with a squeaky ass wheel. That occasionally made a clicking noise if Sam turned too sharply into an aisle. It made for so many awkward smiles and eye contact with other patrons of the grocery store.

Sam turned into the chip aisle, from end to end it was lined with a variety of snacks along with corresponding dips if they had any. Sam knew exactly what he wanted, some Doritoes and to be specific, spicy nacho flavor. He pushed the buggy with heft, it was getting heavier the longer he stayed, but Sam told himself this would be the last thing he was getting. And it would've been the last thing he was adding to his cart, if he could reach the seemingly last bag of spicy nacho chips.

Now, Sam wasn't short and the bag was on the backside of the shelf -reasonably out of his reach, and maybe it was on a shelf that was a bit, a bit, taller than Sam. It wasn't that Sam was giving up trying to reach for the bag, but before he could walk away an arm reached above him and grabbed the last bag of Doritoes. Of course, until it was restocked eventually, but for now it was the last bag.

Sam turned to face the owner of the unknown arm, unsure if he should say anything. Maybe he should say thanks or was that too presumptuous of him and they were going to take the chips for themselves. Luckily, Sam didn't need to say anything as the guy handed him the chips.

"Uh, thanks,"Sam smiled, awkwardly. He looked up the slighest bit, he was tall.. er than Sam.

"I mean thanks, but not really -it's these boots more than anything, they add like two inches to my height,"he chuckled to himself as he rambled on.

"I said that outloud didn't I?"Sam asked, feeling hot with embarrassment. He met the blue eye's of the taller man, they were in fact a quite gorgeous shade of blue. What made his eyes really stand out was the eye make up he was wearing, Sam thought he was hot.

"Yeah, you did,"the unnamed man said. His eyes crinkled as he smiled down at Sam. He finally introduced himself,"I'm Bucky,"he stated, biting his lip like he knew how attractive he was.

"Hi, Sam."

Sam shook Bucky's extended hand, he took notice of the array of silver rings on his fingers. He stopped himself from blatantly checking out Bucky, pulling his eyes away from their connected hands and looked back at him,"thanks again, Bucky."

Sam said his name, in an almost testing kind of way. Bucky smiled and gave his hand a soft squeeze,"no problem, shorty."

Sam's face contorted,"I am not short, my arms weren't long enough to reach the back is all,"he said before realizing just how weird he sounded.

That was the first time he ever met Bucky.