The Woods

James walked straight into the woods, whistling a small, quite tune. He thought over and over, wondering is he had made the right choice. A voice within him scolded him for leaving, while another comforted him with telling him he did the right thing. He looked up every once in a while as he walked, noticing there was very dark clouds coming towards his direction. James sighed, knowing he didn't pack a jacket. Soon, it began to rain very hard. He was soaked with water, but still he carried on. Every once in a while he would take a few of his Ritz crackers and eat. "I wonder where I'll go..." he asked himself. "Maybe that old proxy safehouse..." he told himself, wondering is it was actually in the place he remembered it. He kept trying to picture where it was, then he smiled. "Ah, I remember now...but I better hurry, it's getting dark already.." He told himself, which made his body quicken it's pace. As soon as it got dark, he drew his knife. He knew there was wolves and other animals in the woods. Since he no longer had any powers, he had to be very careful. Soon he approached a small, shack like place. The door and windows seemed intact, which made him glad. He went to the door and grabbed the handle, turning it. He walked in and set his stuff down next to a corner in the shack. He then turned around, only to see a wolf staring straight at him, with evil and hungry eyes.