No Gods, No Masters

James just looked at her with annoyance. "Jane, what are you even doing here?" She huffed at him, crossing her arms. "Since when did you become so rude? Anyways, what are you doing here?" I pointed to the floor of this place. "This was the old proxy hideout...when I was with the Writer." She laughed and just sat down. "This place hasn't been used for ages. I've taken it now. So bye." She said, pointing to the door. He gasped and glared at her. "No, you get out! This place was mine first!" She rolled her eyes, but chuckled. "Sorry kiddo, but no." James became angry and just cursed under his breath. Then he looked straight into her black eyes. "Are you willing to deal with me?" She raised an eyebrow, giving a slight smirk. "A deal? Such as?" James sighed, looking around slowly. "Maybe...I can help you do stuff you might need help with and I get to stay here..." Jane looked up at him, humming. "Hmmm....well, it does get lonely...so it's it's a deal, I guess. James gave a very slight smile, then sat by his stuff. Jane remained in her spot, then handed him an unlit cigarette. "Welcome to the family..." James pushed it away, glaring. "This is only temporary...besides, I don't need another 'mentor'. I just want to be as solo as I can be." She persisted on giving it to him, but she eventually took the hit. "Hey James..." James looked at her with with serious expression. "What?" She smiled at him, offering the cigarette. "I didn't say I was going to control you or be a master..it don't belive that crap anymore. Out here, there's no gods, no masters." James smiled and took the cigarette. "Well, if you put it that way..." he pulled out out a match from his bag and lit it. Soon, he began to take puffs. Jane smiled at him, putting his fist out. "To freedom." James looked at her fist, then 'brofisted' her. "To freedom.." he muttered.