Chapter 1/5: It Finally Begins...

Ichigo and Rukia have been friends for a long time now, since she basically broke into his house, thinking she can't be seen by him, gets mistaken for a burglar, and gets kicked to the ground, and then they start yelling at each other. That's just an awesome way to meet, isn't it? I can't think of a more fun way.

As time went on, they got closer and closer, without either of them realizing it, unless, you know, one of them gets captured, or about to get executed...

They save Karakura town almost every day together from Hollows, they attend school, walk to his home, they basically do everything together.

The story opens with Ichigo and Rukia, busy fighting off hollows. They were in the middle of attending school. The hollows got defeated easily by the young soul reapers. Ichigo starts complaining to Rukia...

Ichigo: "Man... what a pain. Why does hollows always appear when I'm in school..."

Rukia: "Quit the attitude, Ichigo. This is way more important than school and you know it, and it's not like it takes all day, you know? It takes like 5 minutes."

(Ichigo glares at Rukia...)

Ichigo: "Yeah, whatever. I guess we should get back, before Orihime and the others come looking for us. It's like they don't trust us. Do they think we leave to go sneak or something?"

(Rukia blushes...)

Rukia: "You idiot! How can you think stuff like that? They're our friends! They worry about us. Hm! Like we would ever do that, or even date for that matter..."

(Ichigo looks slightly disappointed...)

Ichigo: "Rukia, that was a joke. Don't get so worked up, and jeez... thanks for the confidence boost. You sure nailed it."

(Rukia is surprised...)

Rukia: "I was joking too, Ichigo. Relax. I didn't mean to offend you or anything. I'm sure many girls would want to date you..."

(Hearing that from Rukia warmed his heart, but he pretends not to care...)

Ichigo: "Yeah, sure. Let's just get back to class."

They both felt awkward after that chat, so they just walked back instead of rushing, not uttering a single word. When they finally got back to class, they just went to take their seats again. Their friends noticed that they seem a little off, but couldn't really talk to them right now, because the teacher was busy with her lecture.

When the final bell rang, Ichigo and Rukia just starts walking out of the classroom. In the first few seconds, they get approached by Orihime, Uryu, and Chad. Orihime starts a conversation by saying:

Orihime: "Hey Ichigo! Hey Rukia! Uhm... Sorry for bothering you guys, but... we noticed that you looked kinda strange. Did something happen out there with the hollows? Are you guys okay?"

(Ichigo gives a awkward smile...)

Ichigo: "What's up Orihime. Uh... sure we are. It's just your imagination. Why wouldn't we be?"

(Uryu gets suspicious, and Orohime smiles...)

Orihime:  "Oh! Well, uhm... okay. I just wanted to make-"

(Orihime gets interrupted by Uryu...)

Uryu: "Maybe Ichigo tried to ask Rukia out on a date, and got rejected. Now, Ichigo made everything awkward between the two of them."

(Ichigo rages at Uryu...)

Ichigo: "That's not what happened at all!! Shut up, Uryu!! I told you we are fine!! Weren't you listening!?"

(Uryu gets more suspicious, and pushes his glasses up with his fingers, whilst the others start laughing...)

Orihime: "Alright then. I guess we should be going now. Bye Ichigo, and bye Rukia..."

(Everyone says goodbye, Chad waves, and starts to walk home, while Ichigo and Rukia takes their usual walk home together... )

On their way home, Ichigo starts to think to himself...

Ichigo: ("What the hell is going on with me? Why am I suddenly so sensitive when it comes to
Rukia? We're friends. Maybe I'm just tired. It was a long day after all...")

Rukia is also thinking to herself...

Rukia: ("What is it with me today? Since I saw Ichigo so disappointed - I just got this intense feeling inside of me. Maybe I'm just feeling bad for making that stupid joke. It was kinda insulting. I wasn't thinking. How stupid of me. Get it together, Rukia. You know how sensitive boys can be...")