Chapter 3/5: Excuses...

On the next day, Friday morning, Rukia's eyes slowly opens. She gets up, yawns, and just sits up straight completely still for a minute. She opens the closet door, and sees that it's kind of cloudy outside. Kon is still fast asleep, mumbling Rukia's name in his sleep. Rukia sighs, and just shakes her head. She then notices that Ichigo had already left for school, without her, which he never does. She goes to the bathroom to get dressed, and then she downstairs. Ichigo's sisters left for school too. Only their dad is still at home. He's busy talking to their mother's poster. Rukia nervously tries to get his attention...

Rukia: "Uh... Good morning, sir."

(Isshin greets in a overly happy tone...)

Isshin: "Oh! Good morning, Rukia, my dear! Did you sleep well? Do you need anything? Hmm?"

(Rukia feels slightly embarrassed...)

Rukia: "Uhm... Y-yes, I did, thanks. I was just wondering, sir, has Ichigo already left for school?"

Isshin: "Why, yes. He did. He seemed to be in a rush this morning. My boy can be so strange sometimes. Ah, teenagers."

Rukia: "Yeah... I guess so... I should be going now, sir. Have a good day."

(Isshin cries in joy, and gives Rukia a awkward hug...)

Isshin: "Awww! Thank you so much! You have a good day too, Rukia! You are such a nice, well mannered girl. My daughters could really learn a thing or two from you. Bye-bye now!"

(Rukia feels even more embarrassed...)

Rukia: "Uhhhh... Thank you, sir. Bye... (Awkward giggle...)"

Rukia goes to eat a quick breakfast, and then leaves...

Meanwhile, at the school. Ichigo was busy talking to Uryu, Orihime, and Chad...

Chad: "Ichigo, where is Rukia? Usually you two come to school together?"

(Ichigo quickly thinks of an excuse...)

Ichigo: "Sh-she kinda overslept this morning, and you know how long girls take to get ready. So I, uh, got tired of waiting, and just left... Yeah, that's it... (Awkward chuckle)"

(Uryu pushes his glasses up with his fingers again, and Ichigo gets annoyed...)

Ichigo: "Urgh! Would you stop being so suspicious of me, Uryu!? I'm telling the truth! Just cut it out already!"

(Uryu calmly replies...)

Uryu: "If you're telling the truth, Ichigo, then why are you getting so worked up?"

Ichigo: "Because you keep thinking that I'm lying, that's why! Shut up!"

(Orihime sees Rukia is finally arriving...)

Orihime: "Hey, guys, look! Rukia is here! Maybe she overslept after all."

(Ichigo gets stressed out, and thinks of another excuse. This time to leave...)

Ichigo: "Oh, no! Uhm... I just remembered that I.. uh.. forgot to go to the bathroom this morning. I'll go use the boys' restroom. See you guys later, alright?"

Ichigo runs away, and now Chad is also starting to get suspicious, but not Orihime. She still doesn't suspect a thing. Simple-minded as always. She greets Rukia...

Orihime: "Good morning, Rukia! You've just missed Ichigo. He had to go to the bathroom. He said he got tired of waiting for you, because you overslept, and took too long."