Max?

Kathy’s POV 

I wake up tided to a chair in a dimly lit room. I feel really light headed and I can’t lift my head up. I hear a door open and light floods in. It must be morning. I hear footsteps approach me and then I hear a voice. 

Male: Hello Kathy long time no see. 

I recognise that voice but where from. Then the person grabs my hair and forcefully brings my head back. I look at his face and see that it’s Max. I try to speak but my through it dry. Max grabs an open bottle of water and puts it to my lips. I take a small sip not knowing if he put something in it. He puts the bottle down on a small table next to me. 

Me: Max? What’s going on?

Max: Yea it’s me I’m surprised you remember me. I need you. 

Me: For what? 

Max: You remember that little expedition we went on? Well I know were the gate of the scorpion king is and now I know were the key is.

Me: The key’s gone. When that pyramid fell the key went with it. 

Max slaps me and shoves my head down. 

Max: You Bitch. You hid it from me all this time. 

He grabs my hair again and forces my head back and waves the old small stone key in my face. The key had a gold ribbon attached to it with hieroglyphics on. 

Max: I know what it says Kathy. 

He lets go of my hair and my head drops. It hurts so much I can’t keep it up. Max then starts to walk around me. 

Max: You have to be worthy to open the gate of the scorpion king and control him and to do that I have to kill you. But it has to be a fair fight and in front of the scorpion king to show that I am worthy. 

Me: You know what will happen if you open that gate. Why are you doing this? 

Max: BECAUSE OF YOU. YOU RUINED MY LIFE. WHILE YOU THRITHED ON AND BECAME FAMUSE I DIDN’T. I HAVE HARDLY ANY MONEY, I LOST MY JOB, MY WIFE LEFT ME AND MY KIDS DIDED IN A CAR CRASH. 

Me: I sorry that all this happened to you but it’s not my fault. We have to destroy the key. 

Max: I’ve watched you for the past 2 years Kathy and in thoughts 2 years I’ve seen you try and destroy it. You always fail. So what have you tried? 

Me: I tried to burn it, run it over with a car and a tractor and liquid nitrogen. Don’t ask where I got it from.

Max: We will fight under the full moon which is in two days from now. I’m glad you can fight like an Egyptian because that’s how we’ll have to fight to impress the scorpion king. 

Max then leaves the room closing the door behind him. The room is now dim again. I can’t believe he’s going to do this.