Pilot

Author: Welcome to Moonlit- a dramatic tale of a few "adults" who are completely different from one another; collaborating together for a journey unknown to the realism of society. Enjoy!

Sitting on this plane should be relaxing, right? Wrong. I'm terrified of heights. Even when people say "Oh, flying is safer than taking the train!" yeah, well I have second thoughts on that.

The plane jolts just as the over enthusiastic flight hostess comes on the speakers. "Welcome to London! We hope you enjoyed your flight! Have a nice trip!". Her voice is like a mixture of Brittney Spears and some little shy child.

I get to my feet, unaware of the buzzing feeling in them. It seems like every time I sit down on some public transportation my feet fall asleep. It's nothing major, but it is something weird about myself.

I get my carry on bag filled with important needs for this flight and walk on out to the pickups for our bags. I check my phone on the way out, hoping I have some kind of reception. No luck.

I put my phone away safely in my back pocket and continue walking towards the baggage part of the plane. For a first timer, I think I got this down pat. 

"Need any help, miss?" a man asks. I shake my head. I definitely don't need help, I just have 3 bags and a carry on. That's not a lot, right?

Making my way inside, some excited guy runs right in front of me and almost knocking me down. That is, until, I fall right into another guy. Man, does London have a lot of guys.

"Oops! Are you okay?" his British accent rang. I look up to him and notice he has interesting glasses that almost look fake. But I'm almost positive they're real.

"No, I'm fine." I answer, pulling myself onto my feet and out of the random guys' grasp. What a creep. 

"Alright." he mumbles. He walks away, giving me a second look. But it was filled with confusion. Yep, definitely filled with confusion.

I make my way through the crowded and smelly airport, making sure to steal a few glances at some cute boys. Thing is, I bet they're older than me. They definitely look like it.

As I reach outside of the massive building, a cab awaits with some dressed up lady inside.

"Hello, Janelle!" She says as she steps out.

"It's Nella." I snap.

"Gazuntite."

Did she really just- "So, Janelle, let me introduce myself. I am Mrs. Famin." she replies in a definite posh tone.

"It's Nella," I sigh, knowing I won't win this, "Nice to meet you." I shake her hand and she gives me a look of disgust.

"What?" I ask. Maybe a bit too harshly. "Nothing, you're just... we've never had an American at LSEA." She stumbles over her words. "Okay.." I reply, slowly.

She directs me into the cab while the driver puts my heavy bags in the trunk of the car. 

"So, are you ready to experience the time of your life?" Mrs. Famin asks. I shrug, I could care less. I just need college credit to get a real job in this real world. "I'l take that as a yes!" She squeals with excitement. 

So far I can tell she's one of those whore teachers we all have. With her short shirt, low cut blouse, obvious fake tan, dyed black hair, and perfect body, she definitely gets it every night.

The cab driver closes the trunk, slams more of it, and hops into the driver seat. Before he can ask where to go, Mrs. Famin interrupts "School." she answers. I cringe at the sound of that word.

He nods "anything for you, Farrah." he gives a little wink and starts to drive off.

I give this opportunity to ask some questions and actually get to know LSEA. 

"What are the people like?" I ask. She chuckles. "The people here are certainly friendly. Although, there are some blow offs."

"What?" I ask. She laughs more, patting on top of my head. "Don't," I pull away, "touch me." her chuckling ceases as I look out the window.

It's dark. Which means that I will have a huge jet lag tomorrow. Lucky me.

The streets almost seem... painted black with tiny little yellow rectangles popping up now and again.

And I get to thinking, how can they drive on the opposite side of the road? I would crash almost instantly! Or is it America that drives backwards?

"Enjoying the view?" Mrs. Famin questions. I shrug "it's alright. Nothing compared to where I live- I mean lived." I answer.

She nods an approving nod, probably making sure to jot that down.

"Oh!" She yells, making me almost do a back flip out of this car. "Almost forgot!" she pulls out her purse and digs around in it. What in the world is she digging for? Probably her tramp- "Here it is!" she sings.

She hands me a crinkled half sheet of paper. "What's this?" I ask, flinging the paper around with my hand movement. "It's your schedule. Surely you weren't just going to waltz around the halls without going to class?"

I nod. I flip open the wrinkled sheet and read my classes. "First you will go straight into Calculus with Analytic Geometry at 9 in the morning." I've had worse times at getting up, I could pass this off...

"Then you will have English Composition II at 10:45. Afterwards you have an hour lunch break and go straight into Conference History. After that-" "I got it." I cut her off and I gently rip the paper from her tight grasp.

"Right, well, uh." She stutters. "We're here." The cab driver said.

I quickly looked outside the window and saw a beautiful school building with trees right in front of it. There are 2 dorm buildings just in the front with signs placed on top; one saying "Wing A" and the other "Wing E".

"Lovely, isn't it?" Mrs.Famin interrupts my thoughts. I nod as I continue scanning the perimeter. I know I won't feel like this in 4 years.