Knock on the Door

Westminister, London, UK
1:17 am

"What are we gonna do with her?"

Peering into the a small, musty bedroom; they stared at the little girl who was fast asleep.The loud thuds of thunder hardly made her stir, she was a pretty  heavy sleeper.

"I want her gone,"a low, husky voice stated in anger. It made the small petite woman flinch but she felt like it was best to get rid of her.

"Well what would you like me to do about it Derrius? Just leave her on the streets?" She sassed looking up at the grown man.

He walked up to her, chest huffed out and biceps flexed. She could smell the alcohol in his breath as he heavily exhales on her. She mentally gulped but had to act strong for her sake.

"Well why don't you take the little brat to her dad?"

"I don't-" she was cut off with a stinging sensation on her left cheek. Her hand flies up to her right cheek as she groans in pain.

"Take the little twat to her fathers or both of you will see a shallow grave," He demands and walks off to the master bedroom;slamming the door behind him.

Tears started to build, threatening to fall, but she knew she had to. Derrius and June met when Dyllan was about a year old. Their relationship was the epitome of true love at the beginning.

However, Derrius' true colors began to show and is both abusive towards her and Dyllan. A lot of his abusive habits developed after getting into drugs and alcohol.

He got June into drugs and alcohol too, but she wasn't nearly as bad as him. However, she knew overtime she would get that way.

At this point, June felt trapped and felt sorry for Dyllan. She felt sorry that she's growing up in an environment that's extremely hostile. However she sees this as a sign from God to get her out of there.

So she can have a chance at a better life.

The only problem is that her biological father had no clue she exist. After their sloppy one night stand a couple of years ago at his flat , she hasn't contacted him and vice versa.

There relationship was just 2 strangers that desperately needed each other to fulfill there sexual desires. Nothing more nothing less.

June knew that dropping her off at his door step was extremely risky, but it was a risk she was willing to take if it meant a better life for her daughter.

She quietly crept into the little girl's princess themed bedroom and began packing a small bag of essentials she'll need like shirts, shorts,underwear, etc. She then quickly wrote a letter addressed to Dyllan's father and stuffed it in an envelope.

After she was ready, she cautiously scoops up her sleeping daughter and wraps her in her security blankets she's had since she was an infant. She then tip toes out of there flat and to her auto.

While she was strapping Dyllan into her car seat, the little girl slightly stirred. June instantly froze, praying to God that she wouldn't wake up. After waiting a couple of seconds, she sighed in relief as Dyllan didn't wake up.

If she was correct and he didn't move, Dyllan's dads house was only a 20 minute drive from Westminister to Kensington. June hated the idea of just dropping a bomb on her dad like this, but it's better for him to know now then later.

————

Dyllan's POV
1:32 am

An abrupt bump woke me up from my slumber. My vision was a little blurry as I stretched and rubbed my eyes. Once my eyes focused, I realized I was in my mum's car.