two

Minji never really understood the - what many would call - joyous activity that is partying. This is cliche, she knows this, but she really cannot wrap her head around the fact that some people willingly enjoy getting themselves drunk and shitfaced in a sea full of sweaty and horny strangers, as the music thumps around them loud enough to render one's ear impaired.  The thought of it alone sends a disturbing chill down her spine, let alone attending one. She's only gone to one once during her senior year in high school, and she absolutely despised the experience she vowed to never step foot at another event as such, ever.

So when Friday night came, while many were off partying with their peers, Minji was seen wrapped up in a dark green blanket, watching The Good Place on her laptop placed on her bed. When she started her marathon, the digital clock on her laptop displayed the time, 8.30PM. Minji absolutely adored this show. One that talks of the complicated ways philosophy works, the chaotic personalities of the characters being set in an oddly magical place. She was completely engrossed in the show, she barely heard the sound of the doorbell that rang, as she was halfway through of finishing the final episode of season 3.

She let out a loud groan, closing her eyes shut and letting the feeling of heavy slumber slowly droop onto her eyelids. She then sighed and rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her vision, she checked the time. 11.30PM. Her eyebrows furrowed. She pressed paused on the show and sat on her bed a couple minutes, racking her brain over the possibility of who could be ringing her doorbell nearing midnight.

Ding Dong!

Minji cursed under her breath as she stood up, leaving the warmth and comfort of her blankets and her show. She quickly raked her eyes across the room and saw her curling wand lying on her vanity. Wasting no time, she grabbed the curling wand and got out of her room.

As she peeked through the entrance door's peephole, she gasped as she saw a familiar man at the door holding none other than her dear, beloved best friend, Ah In. Minji was silent chanting profanities as she checked her phone to see a string of missed calls from the limp girl barely standing up on the other side of the door.

As she was putting away her phone and her curling wand, she head a series of knocks followed by a voice yelling from the other side of her entrance door. 'Yah, I know you're inside, come get your friend!'

Minji let out a muted scream before rushing to open the door. She took a deep breath to bring back her composure. With a tight lipped smile gracing her lips, she slowly but surely unlocked the door and opened it. Immediately, the first scene that she was revealed to was Ah In's passed out state, now lying at the entrance of her humble abode, her face practically licking the ground as a man, no taller than half a head to Minji, dressed in dark green checkered flannel worn unbuttoned over a white t-shirt with black skinny jeans, is seen struggling to carry her best friend, as her limp arm is swung aimlessly over the man's shoulder.

As Minji's door opens, the young man's head snaps up to face the owner of the house.

His already big, round eyes widened just a fraction more, puzzlement glazed over his eyes for brief second before his face slowly morphed into one of amusement.

'Interesting.'

Oh Jesus.

Well then... See y'all next week lol.

As always, vote, comment & follow! 😗❤️