four

Ah In woke up the next day, her body sore and her skull throbbing. She could barely stand the light surrounding her, despite the room being relatively dark, with minimum sunlight peeking through the blinds from behind the window.  The room she was in was definitely not hers; the bold, navy blue walls with framed acclaimed film posters on one side, and shelves filled to the brim with books on another indicated so. But it smelt strong of coffee and fresh mint, a scent she was all too familiar with.

'Minji-ya, Are you up?!' Ah In shut her eyes and opened it again slowly, rubbing her eyes from time to time, trying to rid of the sleep that's still heavy on her eyelids. 'Painkillers, please!' Ah In called out with the scraps of energy she had left in her body.

'Nightstand!'

This woman could not speak any louder. Ah In groaned, then slowly turned to her side and reached for the nightstand next to the bed, her face now planted into one of the pillows after failing to try and stay awake, while her left hand scrambled around to feel the plastic packaging. Once she felt the familiar material of the plastic capsule, she clutched it in her hand and raised her head to plop them in her mouth. Holding back from swallowing, she then reached out her hand again in search of water, which she soon enough felt the cool glass of liquid near the plate the medication was placed. She lifted her head again and downed two tablets at once.

She laid down for a couple more minutes before she heard the door to the room opening in a bang, causing her to wince at the sound.

'Jesus woman, I am hungover!' Ah In hissed, pressing a pillow over her head.

'Well I am sober. And on top of that I had to face my worse nightmare last night. So I do not care.'

Ah In slowly propped herself up into a sitting position as her eyes slowly focused on a distressed looking Minji, who was now holding a cup of steaming hot coffee in her hands, wearing a spaghetti strap cream coloured top, floral pants and her hair up in a messy bun.

'What do you mean?'

'Doh Kyungsoo.'

'Ah,'

Minji threw her dirty looks. 'Don't Ah me. What the hell was he doing at my doorstep with you half dead on my floor?!'

Ah In smiled sheepishly.

'Well, it's kind of a blur...' she trails off as her hand flew to rub the nape of her neck. A moment of silence blanketed the room before Minji's face morphed into horror, 'You didn't...'

Ah In was confused, before her brain slowly registered what Minji was probably thinking about. 'No, I did not sleep with him.'

Minji let out an audible sigh, faking motion of brushing sweat away from her forehead, causing Ah In to roll her eyes. 'Dramatic. I only made out with the guy a couple times. Drunkenly might I add, but that's about it.'

Minji made a vomiting sound, to which Ah In gave her a blank stare. 'Oh grow up, the both of you have been quarrelling like 5 year olds since the day we step foot in university. We've all graduated and are working adults now, time to move on, my love.'

'Stop being weird. And don't tell me what to do.'

Ah In chuckled before burrowing herself back under the warm sheets of her best friend's covers.

Minji rolled her eyes, not finding anything remotely amusing or funny about her reply.

'Okay, but seriously though, you need to actually move on. This hatred thing is really unhealthy for you. It's been years now, Min.'

Minji was quiet, not being able to conjure up a reply since she faced her hungover friend. Deep down, she knew it was immature of her to latch onto old memories like an infant refusing to let go of their favourite toy but at the same time, this was different. Doh Kyungsoo had caused so much pain and frustration, it was difficult to let go of it all.

Minji stared at the light bouncing off the bare walls of one side of the room, watching as the length of the sun rays shrink and expand, as Ah In, who was currently still sprawled all over the bed, one arm slung over her head, covering her eyes.

After what felt like an eternity, Ah In moved her hand to peek at Minji, noticing that she was already gone. Sighing, she got up and headed downstairs.

filler chapter ahhh so sorry but more to come next chapter! thank youuu for reading and supporting this book up to this stage!

vote, comment and follow my loves! x