𝐱𝐢𝐯.

Chris and Faith sat in the office of Chris' publicist Hayden, going over a list they'd compiled of all the people they'd shared the news about their relationship with. As was explained over the phone, it was a short one—and Faith hated to think that someone they trusted explicitly could possibly be behind the leak.

"You're sure this is the full list of names?" Hayden said, eyebrows knitted together as he scanned over the notepaper.

"Positive," Chris answered with a light nod. "We went back over everyone again this morning on the way here."

"Okay, and from least likely to most likely, who do you think is the leak?"

Chris exchanged a glance with Faith, who looked as worried as he felt. "I hadn't really narrowed it down like that just yet."

Hayden's gaze fell on Faith, silently repeating the question.

She heaved a sigh, smoothing out the wrinkles in her skirt. "I don't know...a couple of days ago, I thought it maybe could be my friend Cass. But that's just because I automatically ruled out my immediate family."

"How long have you known her?"

"We've been best friends as long as I can remember," She responded with a shrug.

Hayden nodded along. "I completely understand that. As hard as it may seem, though, don't rule out any family members from either side. I know most of us hate to think our loved ones could ever be capable, especially privacy breaches, but in Hollywood anything's possible. Trust me."

Chris saw the worry in Faith's expression at that notion and reached across the armrest of his chair to give her hand a comforting squeeze. She flashed him a smile in appreciation. "What should our next steps be?"

"Well, seeing as our objective is to reveal the identity of the leaker, then we really have only two options. Either we go one by one and flat out ask them...or we could do things with a little more subtlety and float out a fake leak and see who takes the bait."

"How would a fake leak work?" Faith asked.

"I'd have you both each choose your most likely suspect and tell them something that's got absolutely zero chance of being true—at least at this stage in your relationship—and the minute the story breaks with the press, then we'll know."

Chris followed up with, "The fake leak sounds like a better idea. A bit easier to control."

"Mhm," She agreed. "Babe, who do you have as your most likely?"

He heaved a sigh. "Honestly, I have my money on Carly."

Faith raised her eyebrows. "Really? But she was so nice at Christmas."

"I know. But no matter what anyone says, Scott wouldn't do anything like this. And Mom's always been able to keep secrets over the years. If I had to choose, it'd be Carly."

"So, your younger sister and Faith's best friend," Hayden jotted a couple things down on the notepad in front of him. "Okay, let's work on the rumor then. We don't want it to be too outlandish. You guys are still in the early stages of your relationship, so we need it to be something that's believable for both potential leakers."

"But how will we know who's the leak if we're telling them the same thing?" Faith asked. "Wouldn't it be better to do two different ones for each person?"

Hayden seemed impressed. "I didn't think about that. Okay, two rumors. Any ideas?"

Chris looked at Faith, both of them silently trying to determine what rumors could fit the criteria. His heart rate ticked up a couple notches as he suggested, "The first thing that came to my mind was telling Carly that I'm thinking about a proposal."