𝔱𝔴𝔬

I was out by the pool sitting with my feet in the water as I smoked a cigarette. It was 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep, not like sleep was on the table these days. I inhaled the smoke feeling it in my throat before realising, imagining I was exhaling all my problems away.

"Hey." I hear and I look up to see Deran walking over to me, he sits next to me running a hand through his hair, "Can't sleep?"

"Nope." I answered shortly and I offered him the smoke which he took to have a puff.

"Everything okay?" Deran asked and I bit down on the inside of my lip, knowing if I lied to him he would pick it up.

"I just can't sleep."

"Is it the nightmares? You're getting them again, aren't you?"

"I'm fine D."

"No you're not Seph. Is this why you haven't been around lately?"

"No." I said and he gives me a look making me sigh, "Maybe. I just- I don't want to scare anyone or make you guys think I can't take care of myself."

"Seph, you're my little sister okay and just because you distance yourself from us isn't going to change. I love you idiot and you know you can always come to me if you need to talk, I can listen very good." Deran says making me chuckle lightly shaking my head making him smile.

I turn to him smiling and he does the same, I sighed leaning my head on his shoulder as we continued to sit out here. When I first came into the Cody house, I was 9 at the time I knew Smurf through my parents, had met her only once before.

Deran and I were 5 years apart, he was the youngest from his brothers and some would say the most spoilt. I didn't talk for a couple weeks, Deran then did something that made me laugh shocking everyone and then from there we've been close.

After a while of sitting out here we both went inside, we went to Deran's room where he insisted for me to lay down and get some rest. I rolled my eyes at this but did so anyway getting into his bed, he gets in and pulls the blankets over us.

It wasn't weird sleeping in the same bed as Deran, we both knew it meant nothing because he had a huge secret. I figured it out when we were kids, I didn't ask him until he felt comfortable to let me know and he finally did. I loved him all the same anyway.

I was more open with my sexuality and had been since I was a kid, I let Smurf know and she really didn't care. I told Deran he had nothing to be afraid of but still he was hesitant, I never pushed him any further than that.

I laid down on his chest and he wraps an arm around me kissing me on the head making me close my eyes and next thing I know I was falling off to sleep. The next time I wake up I hear a whirring sound making me open my eyes to see it was morning time.

I look around seeing Deran wasn't in here, he probably didn't want to wake me. I groaned lightly as I pulled the covers off my body, I got out of the room and walked down to the kitchen seeing Smurf at the blender while Deran and Baz were speaking not too far away.

"Morning baby." Smurf says coming over kissing me on the cheek handing me a glass of fresh juice.

"Thank you." I said accepting it as I took a sip, nodding at the delicious taste. Smurf then places medicine bottles in front of me making me raise an eyebrow, I picked it up to see it was my prescription making me purse my lips.

"You haven't been taking your meds."

"I'm weaning off it, so what?"

"So what? You come to me first about it. How long now? And don't you dare bother lying to me." Smurf says and I sighed putting the glass down pursing my lips.