𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔢

Deran had left to go back to the beach this morning, I just hung back at the house for a while. I was up in the art studio of the loft, music blaring as I cleaned up a little. I had cleaned the house really just to take my mind off everything. I was bobbing my head to the music as I walked out and down the stairs.

I danced down the stairs using the used paintbrushes as a microphone, I got to the bottom looking up making me jump in fright seeing Pope standing in the kitchen. I scoffed as I reached for the remote turning the music off.

"Ever heard of something called knocking?"

"I knocked, three times. The music must've been too loud for you to hear it." Pope states making me roll my eyes as I walked into the kitchen dumping the paintbrushes in the sink.

"What do you want?"

"To talk to you and Deran."

"Unfortunately, you just missed him and I'm quite busy at the moment. So thanks for stopping by, kindly see yourself out." I said giving him a tight smile as I go to walk off.

"We've got a job."

"Good for you, would you like a medal?"

"What? Suddenly you don't need the money?" Pope says making me clench my jaw as I turned to him.

"No I don't actually Pope, I can take care of myself. I'm not coming back."

"You aren't or Deran isn't?"

"Why is everyone so hell bent on thinking I follow Deran around. I can think for myself thank you very much." I said throwing him a glare and he raises an eyebrow.

"You saying that as someone who's on their meds?"

"What the fuck did you just say to me?"

"It was a simple question."

"Oh what, Smurf is just spilling my fucking business to everyone?"

"She cares about you. She took you in when you had no one." Pope says and I scoff snapping to look at him.

"What? That's your big plan on getting me back? Guilt tripping me, thinking I fucking owe her my life." I said feeling the anger bubbling up in my chest, "I'm sick of her using that same fucking thing against me and using my mental illness as a fucking sob story. I know how to take care of myself."

"Oh right. So move out of here. Smurf pays the rent. Find your own place and be on your own, then go crazy just like how your mother got." Pope says staring me down, making me clench my jaw, "Right? She got crazy enough to wanting to kill herself than wanting to kill her children, she got one out of two. Your dad did kill himself. Probably couldn't stand your mother."

"Watch it Pope." I warned him as I clenched my fists standing there as I glared at him.

"You don't go back on them meds, get your shit together and start thinking clearly you're not going to end up in a psych ward like mummy, no. You might actually succeed in offing yourself for real. You have the scars to prove it."

"Like you can talk. You're being used as a fucking dog doing her bidding, at least I have a reason being off my meds. What about you, huh? How about you spend a few more years in prison, I'm sure Smurf would be glad to have you gone." I said staring him down and he clenches his jaw but I didn't show him any fear.

He continues to stand there keeping his eye on me before he turns around walking out the door. Once I heard that door shut, I wanted nothing more than to scream out. I wiped down my face as I walked into the bathroom, trying to breathe but once I saw my face in the reflection, seeing the one thing I now hated to look at I didn't think twice before putting my fist through the mirror.