𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡.

𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

                    Sunlight shone through the thin red curtains into the Gryffindor boys room, a small gap in them making way for light to land directly onto Manon's face

Sunlight shone through the thin red curtains into the Gryffindor boys room, a small gap in them making way for light to land directly onto Manon's face. Her morning puffy lips sat open as her equally swollen eyes stayed closed as she slept peacefully. The large blanket she originally lay underneath was resting at her hips, covering one leg as the other hung off the side of the bed letting her toes tap the wooden floor. Her sleep was interrupted by a sudden weight beside her, even though fluttering eyes from the sun making her unable to see, she knew it was James crawling into bed beside her and carefully brought his face to rest on her chest. "Mornin'" The boy greeted through a mumble as his face pressed into her breasts. "Good morning sunshine" She smiled, cringing at her dull morning tone.

Her eyes stayed closed but she still cascaded her hand through James' curls, letting him muzzle further into her chest. "Where's Sirius?" Remus' words made her eyes fly open and she turned to where the boy originally lay next to her, the space now empty. "He was there when we fell asleep" She said, slowly moving herself into a seating position as James joined her and glancing confusedly between the two boys who stared back at her. "I don't get it.. We were all supposed to meet for breakfast" Remus sighed, ruffling his hair and shaking his head. "His presents haven't been opened" James cried, pointing to the pile of wrapped gifts in the corner of the room.

"This is strange.. we should look for him" Manon said as she crawled out of bed and grabbed a loose jumper from the floor she assumed to be Remus' due to its size and thick knitting. "Yeah let's go"

    Running away from the abuse and mental torture of 12 Grimmauld Place had been the best decision Sirius Black had ever made, he was proud for freeing himself but in doing so, he left behind his little brother Regulus. Feeling sympathy for the younger boy wasn't a thing Sirius done as it weakened him and let every worry about his brother pass through the floodgates and into his mind. The boy was constantly on his mind however, and it had driven Sirius up the bend to the point he was near stalking his younger brother just to see him and assure he was okay. He knew Regulus was far from okay just days prior when he found Manon holding a sobbing Regulus in her arms, his own arm hanging to the side giving Sirius a perfect view of the dark mark tatted up his left forearm.

        A mix of anger and hurt had held his mind captive for nights afterwards. He couldn't quite believe that Regulus had taken the mark, of course it was going to happen at some point but not at the ripe age of sixteen. Eventually just the thought of it left Sirius nauseous, he wasn't upset or angry with his baby brother but felt pure fear at the thought of what he would be going through with the dark lord hanging over him every moment of every day. The letter he received was read the minute he opened his eyes and it took seconds for him to be out of bed and leave the dorm to find his brother. Surprisingly to him, he found Regulus fairly quickly as the boy was sat in the same court yard as the last time he was with Manon, a cigarette dangling between his lips and a set look of sadness across his face.

          "Reggie?" Sirius asked softly, walking up the younger boy who had a brief look of shock pass over him until he let out a scoff and took his cigarette between his fingers. "I'm surprised you'd even want to look at me on your special day" He hummed, holding out a cigarette packet for his older brother who took one without hesitation and sat down beside him on the stone cold bench. "I read your letter" Sirius spoke with a cough after taking a deep drag of the cigarette in his hand. He took the letter out from his pocket and dropped it on Regulus' lap. "Let me see it" He nodded to the boy's arm making him sigh and roll up his sleeve. The mark was embedded in Regulus' pale arm, redness surrounding it making Sirius wince and gently run his fingers over the painful looking area of skin.

           "Shit bub" He whispered, a sudden deep rooted sadness washing over him as he looked back at Regulus' face. "I've not had anyone call me that in a long time" Regulus snorted, ignoring the ache in his arm and pulling back down his sleeve. It was Bellatrix, the second oldest of the Black cousins to adopt the pet name 'Bub' or 'Bubba' from her once favourite sister Andromeda and passed it down to Narcissa then Sirius and lastly Regulus who despite his cousins (minus his brother) who hated the name after Andromeda's marriage to a muggle born wizard, he loved it and demanded Sirius kept calling him that which naturally his big brother obliged.

              It wasn't until Sirius ran away that Regulus felt truly alone, no one called him 'Bub' anymore and it broke his heart. "I'm sorry for everything" Said Sirius. "I know you are.. I am too I guess" Regulus shrugged, he was more calm than he imagined he could be talking to Sirius. His mind had told him it wouldn't end well or he would say the wrong thing but the fact that Sirius had chosen to come and talk made his worries fade slightly. "You don't need to be sorry Reg, I left you.. I shouldn't have left you, I'm so sorry Bub-" "It's okay, you had to get out I get that. If I could, I would" Regulus stopped Sirius before he could start rambling, placing a bony hand on the boys shoulder. "It's not okay.. I cant believe I done that. It's my fault you have that thing" Sirius said exasperatedly, pointing to Regulus' arm.

            Shaking his head, Regulus went in for a hug only to be pushed away making him raise a brow. "Let me" Sirius sniffed, wrapping his arms around Regulus and pulling him in for a warm hug that reminded the younger boy of Manon's comforting hugs, not as good as hers but decent none the less. "Missed you so much" Regulus said through a broken sob, clinging to Sirius like he did Manon just days previous. "I missed you more Bubs" The elder replied with a small smile, holding Regulus to him and refusing to let go. He would do anything to help his younger brother out and get him away from the entrapment of being a death eater as well as his psychotic family.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃