pilot.

pilot. 

APRIL, 16 . 

Saturday. 

The start of it all. (flashback <3) 

- ❤️ -

         " Talent Show??  " Richie Tozier spat out, adjusting his glasses and glaring at William Denbrough, better known as Stuttering Bill.  The rest of the losers sat around the clubhouse, leaning against the wooden walls. Some with confused looks,  listening in on the conversation -- conversation? I mean it's more of an argument. 

     Bill shuddered, rubbing his forearm nervously. "Yuh-yes, I--I just thou-thought - " He nervously stuttered out as he let out a soft exhale, trying to breathe. 

      " We're not some fucking 5th graders singing some solo cover of Let It go, Bill. " The boy said, crossing his arms. " If we were to get a real gig it wouldn't be at a shitty talent show of all things. " Richie continued to scold. 

     Beverly Marsh decided to step in. rolling her eyes as she took a second drag of her cigarette.  " Leave him alone Richie, if anything I would like to see you try and get us a better gig. " Bev said, pushing the two apart so no one has the urge to even try and throw a punch. 

      " Yeah, you know what? I could! How much you want to bet , huh? " Richie tilted his body, to give a death glare to Bill who was on the other side -- his head down. Chewing on his bottom lip, to resist from saying anything he'd regret later on. 

     " Stop, just stop! It's already done! Goddamnit, can you guys shut up for one second!? " Stanley Uris yelled, done with the arguing. Kaspbrak, Hanlon, and Hanscome stayed quiet in the background -- they really didn't want anything to do with anything. 

     " I -- I just thought,, It wuh-wuh-was our fi-first per-performance.. " Bill cut himself off and looked around remembering how the others have already performed on their own whether it was a street performance or even a , talent show -- school musical etc. " ...together, we would st-start off with suh-suh-something easy... " He continued. 

     " Easy?? EASY?! Bill! This is beyond fucking easy, this is like lower than the tutorial level! It's a goddamn talent show, who's gonna participate in that? " Richie rambled, just causing everyone in the room a headache. Eddie Kaspbrak rolled his eyes, " Will you ever shut up, Richie? " Eddie shot back and grabbed his guitar in his arms and sitting down on the floor; facing the wall. 

     " No, No I will not Eds! " Richie glared at Eddie. 

     Eddie mocked Richie under his breath and started to put his fingers on the fingerboard and softly play notes, his electric guitar wasn't plugged into the amplifier so, it could barely be heard it was just deep ringing in the background playing soft notes. Eddie was always second in line, he played guitar but honestly not ass good as Richie - so he was kind of an understudy. And if he wasn't on stage, he helped Ben with lyrics and organizing everything. 

     Ben Hanscom  took out his phone, plugging earbuds into his phone and slipped them in his ears. Playing his music, his music usually gives the boy inspiration to write songs...I mean he was the lyricist of the band  Muting out all the yelling and fighting, instead he pulled up notes on his phone and started writing away. 

     Mike Hanlon was sitting at his small drum set, Mike had two drum sets. One at home in his garage, that could also be used as a second rehearsal space for the losers at some points and one here -- at the club house. He sat at the stool of the small little drum set, the sticks in his hands. He contemplated if he really just wanted to hit a drum to snap everyone out of the fight. 

     but you know, fuck it. 

     Mike was tired of the fighting and he knew everyone else was too, The male took the right stick and hit the cymbal as hard as he could. Making a loud ringing noise that made everyone stop all of sudden and grabbing everyones attention in a quick second. 

     It sure made Eddie flinch and fuck up a note of the small melody he was playing and Ben pulled out a single earbud, New Kids On The Block was blasting from Ben's headphones that could be heard from the ringing silence. 

     Mike exhaled slowly, rubbing the bridge of his nose with his right thumb and index finger. 

     " Look, we're going to have to deal with bad gig's either way if we really want to be a band.  And Bill's -- Bill's right, it's our first time performing together so why can't we get our shit together and prepare? " Mike reasoned with the group, Bill mouthing a small 'thank you' over to Mike. The other nodding as Richie stared for a quick moment, before exhaling and muttering profanities. 

     " finefinefinefinefine-- we'll do the fucking talent show can we just please get this over with? " Richie groaned, grabbing his guitar. Was it covered in stickers? Yes, yes it was. Stickers from places he's visited with his family just for a small souvenir or etc. 

     " Finally. " Beverly muttered under her breath, kneeling down and grabbing her bass that was still sitting peacefully in her case. She swung the strap around her shoulders and let it hang for a quick second, taking one more drag of the cancer stick and throwing it to the ground. She stepped on the small ignited cigarette. 

     Richie copied what Bev did, swinging the strap around his shoulders and digging in his jean pockets for his guitar pick.

     Eddie got up, setting his guitar down and standing next to Ben. His arms were crossed and Ben was still glued to his phone -- scrambling to find other lyrics. Eddie peeked over Ben's shoulders to take a look at the lyrics. There was nothing really there -- so Eddie tapped at Ben's shoulder. Ben turned around,  

     "Oh, Hey Eds!" Ben smiled softly waving a bit at Eddie behind him. 

     Eddie chuckled at the nickname, " First of all, don't call me Eds. Second of all, how's the song? " Ben nodded, looking at the blank page on his phone screen, he cringed. " ...not so good.. " Ben replied, typing out a word but immediately deleting it. 

     " Uh, I might have a song idea. " Eddie smiled softly, Ben's eyes sparked as he quickly handed him the phone. " Here! Write it down, and I'll edit. Just whatever you have. " Eddie hesitantly took the phone from Ben and stared down at the blank page, he started typing. 

  Everyday. 

      And then just like that, Ben and Eddie sat in the corner writing the song and tweaking it here and there. While the others played another song, the loud ringing of music echoed through the clubhouse which made it almost impossible to focus. 

A/N: yep. It's a band AU, some songs might be my own and some might not -- i'll be sure to give credit although!! So :] hope you enjoy