2. (Pt.1)

2.

JULY 16.

The day of the concert. (Still morning)

- ❤️ -

Finally, everyone arrives at the restaurant on time of the reservation... Richie was already on his third cup of coffee, drinking it from a hydro flask trying his best to at least look half presentable and most importantly--sober up. Eddie watched him like a hawk making sure he didn't do anything stupid.

Stan was sorting out the reservations, talking to the front waiter for a table or two if needed. Everyone else was skimming through the menu stapled onto the wall, discussing about what to eat.

" I might just get an omelet. " Ben said, pointing to the food option on the shiny laminated menu on the wall. Beverly put her arm around Ben, making the other blush softly and look away with a sheepish smile, stared down the menu.

"Hm, the pancakes look good. " Beverly smiled, she loved pancakes a lot -- she had pancakes often in the morning when she first lived with her aunt. Her aunt made really good pancakes that always made her day. So she might as well.

" Th-the Pancakes here are guh-guh-good. " Bill stuttered out, yes the man still had his stutter after almost ten full years of speech therapy. And this time completely and constantly going to then. Sometimes when he was younger he would ultimately reject going to his speech therapists which, terribly pissed off his parents but yeaah... But the cool thing is about Bill,

When Bill sings, he doesn't stutter once. Not once, mostly why he's on lead vocals. He has an amazing voice that the Losers , Family , Friends and even their fans love to death. His voice is genuinely nice to listen too, Bill loves singing but not when it's forced. When his family told him to sing to everyone he would hate it and run away. He loves the spotlight just sometimes, not ideal.

" Salad..." Mike said, since he was a vegetarian and all that--it was really one of the only things he wanted on the menu and that he could eat. Plus if he ever ate meat he would never forgive himself, that's why they check places before they got to see if the have a vegetarian section. And for Eddie's allergies also, of course.

Eddie peeked over Bill's shoulder to glance at the menu. "Does this place have any peanuts? As in peanut oil or cross contamination with the company cause you know, there might not be frequent and actually very rare if I get an allergic reaction to cross contamination but damnit it can ha- " Eddie got cut off by Mike, "Yes, Eds this place doesn't have any of your millions of allergies. We even doubled checked with the chef before you. " He said, crossing his arms and looking through the menu once again.

" Oh, Cool. I'll take the Belgian waffles then. " Eddie asked, looking back at Richie -- taking a seat on the waiting area bench. Taking sips in between every breath it seemed like.

Eddie sighs, taking a seat next to Richie and leaning back on the backrest of the bench. Richie gulped the last of his coffee, now only just full of pure status energy. It felt like an aggressive sugar rush.

Richie shivered, trying to get the last drop of coffee. Eddie, next to him, looking puzzled at the other.

" Awh , Fuck. I finished the last of the coffee..." Richie said sadly with a frown, "Good riddance, you already drank fucking three cups. Any more you're gonna get a heart attack. " Eddie replied, snatching the coffee flask away from Richie and stuffing it in his backpack.

" Hey, Eds? " Richie wanted to ask a question as he watched Eddie stuff the flask away into the grey backpack Eddie always seemed to carry around everywhere. Richie did the small leg bounce thing, trying to get all the energy out of his system cause right now --? He felt like he could run two marathons in a row.

" Yeah? What is it? " Eddie's head perked up at the sound of the stupid nickname Richie gave him almost years ago,, did he ever like the nickname--? At some extent he did at one point, it's grown on him cause now literally everyone calls him Eds and it just grew into him I guess.

" Why don't you carry around your old fannypack you always kept on as a kid? I mean even throughout middle school to even senior year of high school ... " Richie questioned, he really only never noticed till now.

" Because, I always carry around all of your guys shitty stuff including your flasks, first aid kits, and a shit-ton of chargers and headphones. Oh, also lets not forget the battery packs, snacks, an extra change of clothes-" Eddie started to ramble about everything he carries for the losers before he was interrupted by Richie chuckling softly.

" You're like Bing-Bong. " Richie smiled.

Eddie sat there, perplexed. "Excuse me? "

" Bing-Bong, from inside out. You know that funny funky looking pink elephant-- with the small endless imaginary bag that had like a bunch of shit in it- " The taller boy started to explain while the other stood there completely fucking dumbfounded.

" you're saying I'm a pink elephant from a 10 year old's imagination. " Eddie said , deadpanned and his face like 😐.

" no I mean the bag-- you know what I'll go fuck myself. " Richie stuffed his hands back in his pockets directing his eyes to the menu and yelled over, " I'll just have whatever Eddie spaghetti's having! " Richie caught both Bill and Mike's attention, Mike just silently nodded and turned back to the menu.

Stan finally figured out the whole reservation thing and finally got them a table. Stanley took a relieved sigh, leaning over with all the stress living his body.

" Stanley Uris, party of seven? Please follow me. " The waiter called, making both Eddie and Richie stand up.

" I think you mean, urine! Not uris! " Richie snickered before Eddie lightly punched Richie's shoulder. Telling him to shut the fuck up.

Everyone started following the waiter. Stan still was at the little check in table, trying to process the absolute stress he just experienced. Bill and Mike ran over to the distressed boy, having the others claim their table already.

"Stuh-Stuh-Stanley? Are you al-alright? " Bill asked, putting his hand on the other's back. Stroking his back to calm Stan down.. Mike did the same. " Yeah, dude you look like you need a nap. We can go back to the hotel for a small power nap if you want. " Mike offered. Stanley shook his head, rejecting the offer.

Stan took another relieved sigh, feeling less stressed now-- the comfort really did work didn't it? " Yeah, Yeah. I'm alright just stressed, uh--um, thank you. Uh, both of you. " he pulled himself up, smiling at the two.

" Of co-course, Stanley. " Bill replied with a comforting smile.

" anytime, Stan the man. " Mike put his hand on Stan's shoulder.

Stan looked at the two and immediately became flustered, shaking it off as he just chuckles nervously.

"Hey! Dipshits! are you gonna come or not! " Richie yelled from across the room, making everyone who heard it flinch. Eddie ,who was sitting next to him, immediately started to yell at him quietly. " There's children around, fucking dumbass! " Eddie scolded.

"Okay, and? " Richie replied with a small shrug. Beverly who was sitting across from them who was almost basically dying of laughter- Ben couldn't help but giggle along.

"Wuh-we should get b-b-back before Richie really gets mad,, " Bill giggled at the whole situation, Mike and Stan chuckled.

"Yeah-- we really should. " The three walked to the table together.

----

A/N : this section is gonna get turned into 2 parts! So the next chapter will be part 2 of this quick little breakfast snippet :] hope you enjoy the story so far! How did I do?