Part 7

"Grandpa, you're quite fond of not making sense," I heaved.

"Would you stop pointing that out?" Grandpa said exasperated.

"Fine, okay, continue. Sheish!"

My grandfather paused dramatically and stared at the wall behind us, as if there had been a camera. You could tell that he had practiced whatever he planned to say for a while now.

"I died to stay alive.

"I was put into a coma for a little while by Fran to look professional. We planned to call you up when you came of age. I think that I may have an idea of our land, but it is terribly far. It is this seriously fabulous planet of pure green! We suspect this planet because it has a lot of emotional signs."

"Emotional signs?"

This of course sounded stupid as known heck. Emotional signs are pretty corny things to go on.

"Yes, we are more emotional than any other being. Trust me, I've met a few." With this he rolled his eyes and then they widened, as if he was remembering something quite disturbing.

"This logic nonsense is from our human side. Hideous creatures! Cruel and selfish... And their food! They try to poison their own people. Have you any idea how terrible that sugar stuff is that they put in everything? Sickening! I'm trying my best to rid myself of my human traits.

"Turns out, there are others that are also hybrid humans; human- something hybrids. Their families have looked for their land as long as long and anything as nothing."

"What does anything and nothing have to do with eachother?" Bella mused.

"Anything is just as good as nothing, of you can't decide. Anything means nothing specific, it does not matter enough to be something so it is compared with the closest something and that is nothing."

"Nothing can't be a something. It's nothing!"

Nothing is something. It is a nothing. That something is a nothing. Are you still awake?" my grandfather quizzed.

"But anything can just be anything random. Why round it off to nothing?"

"Because nothing is a certain option. Anything is not important enough to be anything random. Plus, in science, random is never a good option."

"But science is logic."

"No. Science is science, logic is logic- do you think that science is science because it makes sense? Half of the time science makes no sense, and logic is sense. Science is often to defy logic and find a truth through testing and observation. Logic is just a narcissistic alternative for those who care not to learn and look at things differently. You will need to learn this if you want to join us.

"We are about to go to the gathering and discuss our next destination. We have been to multiple planets... Frankly, they all suck!

"So, we are going to find our home planet?" said Bella.

"Yes."

"Well, this has been interesting. A bit too interesting for my liking. We aren't going to wake up, are we? This is real?"

"If you think it's interesting now, wait until you meet your great uncle Gerald..."