Part 4

No. No, no, no! What if it bites? What if it pokes? What if it is absolutely hideous?!?!

I thought as the chair spun.

I noticed a familiar golden wrist watch that had belonged to my grandfather, before he passed. I shook off the idea.

My grandfather died of heart disease about five years before this and when it happened, I was devastated. I loved him. The stories he told were the most adventurous kind. He spoke of a hometown in the sky; that we were not from here.

That sort of talk got him submitted into a mental institution about twenty years before I was born, as it would. He didn't see it as a story. To him, it was a prophecy, a legacy, a quest. He was released when I was three. He told me his tales that his grandfather told him. His grandfather was murdered after the first world war. We suspect some sort of revenge from the loved one of someone that he may have killed, but the police never put much thought into it... That's what grandma said anyway.

"Wait. Where did you find them?" the voice in the chair bellowed with an undertone of vibration. He seemed as though he wanted to cry...

"Trampoheeeen in Afwiekaah," the previous creature answered.

The pure concentration that it  displayed whilst speaking English was amusing, but unsettling.

The chair turned after a weeping whimper was released from the creature in the chair.

"Elizabeth?"

It was my grandfather. What?

Grandpa Anthony. Alive!

Without thought I ran to him and gave him a hug.

My grandfather was a strong man, though many thought he was insane. So, when he cried I nearly had a heart attack.

I couldn't believe it, but I didn't have the time to wonder about it. I was thinking about his bright, green and blue eyes. He had central heterochromia which meant the middle of his eyes were a completely different colour. This central ring was gold. His hair was no longer grey, but auburn. His teeth weren't stained with age and neither was his face– he displayed no wrinkles.

After a long cry he looked at me, smiled and welcomed me home.