Part 6

"The what?" I questioned.

"The Interstellar Gathering, duh," grandpa chirped.

"That doesn't make things much clearer, gramps, " I mumbled, in the louder variety of mumbling.

"What more is there to– Oh..." he trailed off, "I haven't told you the story yet."

"No. You haven't. "

"Well I better start then. Orgurblecleshin, fetch my story socks won't you."

Bella and I snickered slightly. Then more. Then even more! Until it was, in fact, nothing short of a deep and rickety chuckle.

This continued for a while. Grandpa had started to give us a look. A look that he had initially learnt from me within "I'm surrounded by idiots" moods. After we had stopped, he looked at us with a bored look of disapproval.

"You done?"

"Yes sir,"Annabelle said feeling disappointed, but hilarious.

"Who is Orgurblecleshin?" I mused.

"The Roggleflap over there. We call her Fran," my grandfather winked at Fran, freaking me out momentarily.

"Roggleflap, got it," I said at a loss for words.

"Yes, Roggleflap, who still hasn't brought my socks."

"Yhees shir!" Fran blushed away.

"Grandpa, why are we here—"

"Story socks!"

With this we waited 15 minutes. 15 minutes for socks. Why? Because my grandfather has issues.

"Why do you need the socks," Bella asked after he finally got the socks.

I don't see why they were so special. They were tube socks. Plain 'ol  white tube socks.

"Well, they make things a bit more comfortable for me, and they also make waiting a bit less comfortable for you. I like to build anticipation. It's always so annoying!

"Right, story.

You see, we're not from here. We come from, well... We don't know yet. So every so often we all get together and have a little meeting to discuss things. Somehow, we were planted on this Earth; ridiculous place really."

"You're saying that we are not human?" Bella asked.

"Of course not! I'm saying that we're not from here. We have a lot of human."

"Have? I don't understand. If we're not from here then how are we human?" I stated the obvious.

"We aren't human. We have human. Gosh! And by the way, who is wearing the story socks?"

"You are, but it doesn't make any sense," I floundered mentally.

"Of course it doesn't, because you haven't been listening. I say, I hope that the school system is better where we're from!

"Now where was I... Ah, yes. You should stop interrupting me, I can barely remember my quadrant. So, I started tinkering and I met Fran at Starbucks. She told me about her mission that had been postponed because she had no one to model a human after. She was in search of where we are from. I thought that she had an interesting idea and I was exceedingly bored that day, so, I died!"