Part 5

Wowza! Over 250 views. That is quite remarkable! Thank you sooooo much to everyone who is reading this and taking the time to follow along with it. I really had not expected anything like this.

I would also like to apologise for temporarily neglecting this chapter. It's been chaotic... Anyway, thanks, and feel free to comment and give me feedback!
::::::::::::::::::::::::

This got confusing real fast. The entire concept that I had somehow seemed to dodge until this point hit me like a truck to a squirrel...

Hard!

I was bewildered, I was terrified, and I think that I had begun to smell of nervous perspiration... Too much information.

Any who, I may have yelped in my fragile state, but thankfully, it was a silent yelp. Like when when you pretend to meet your favourite celebrity in your car after a train of thought, but you do it in your head so that you still seem slightly sane whilst mouthing random cries out of a closed window... It was a bit like that.

Only this was no celebrity (unless Star Trek was real; which at that point seemed quite plausible), this was an alien and my grandfather. My deceased grandfather. I really cannot seem to stress enough that this man was dead...

My grandad started to tear up again, before taking Bella's hands in his own.

"Are you the notorious Annabelle? It's a delight! Truly a delight! Elizabeth always told me about you. It's nice to finally see you up close," with this he started to examine her.

Bella is a generally polite person, but on this occasion her face had obscured slightly.

Woah-kay! Great! My grandfather was stalking my best friend... There goes another perfectly good relationship! Whoopee!

My grandfather has not inspired much sarcasm in my life. It's usually my grandmother or my little brother, but with someone with a whimsy undertone of eccentricity, there's a first time for everything... I guess.

He showed us to a large screen, which was placed in the cliché-style middle of the Sci-fi computer room.

"This is my viewpoint. I watch all of the family, some friends and this really interesting squirrel on here."

Squirrel. That once again reminded me of the gravity of the current event. Also, I noticed that my family is quite interested in squirrels...

"I hope you like it here! Oh dear me, do get comfortable. Let me show you my work–"

"Grandad, " I interrupted.

"Yes, lamb," he replied hastily.

"Why are you... You know. Alive?"

At this point I had earned a slap on the shoulder from a certain brown belt in karate. Bella did NOT approve of my momentary behaviour, but it couldn't be helped.

"That's an interesting tale my dear. Oh yes! Very interesting indeed... But I'm afraid it's quite a long story and you might not enjoy a good three quarters of it. It is nonetheless, very, very interesting," he paused dramatically, "My dear girls, welcome to the Interstellar Gathering!"