Chapter 8

"What is happening?" Drista heard people murmur in the crowd. She shook her head, "You know what, I didn't even know what to be here!"
Tommy looked over to Drista.
"First you thought the place I have lived at burning down was a set up now you are doing this?" Drista didn't want anyone to talk just yet, "Not to mention I wouldn't have to be there if you just decided to listen to people and not be reckless. Maybe the fact that you were scared I would get used against you is a sign you need to stop? Because I sure would notice that, and I have a few years ago."
Dream stared at Drista, "That's not the reason, The reason is that shitty people do shitty things no matter what and you have to realize that. Why do you think Tommy was exiled, For shits and giggles? No because he hurt an innocent person FOR shits and giggles." Dream stayed calm when saying it but it showed he was pissed anyways. Drista looked at Tommy then back at Dream, "What do you mean?"
Dream sighed, "I do what I do for a reason, the reason for me hiding you is cause you're my sister and I in fact wouldn't like to protect my family from people like Tommy."
Drista was petrified, was Dream correct that Tommy was a bad person? Drista guessed it was true, He probably saw her as a way to get out of exile hints trusting her immediately.
The cracked mask laid on the ground, "But why blow up L'manburg?" Drista asked. "Because I know Tommy blew up the one of the only things I cared about, I know he did cause you were asleep for about 3 hours when you were napping. I know this because I was told this by someone here." Dream answered.
"That still doesn't answer her question, why hurt everyone else causing a war to get back at one person?" Tubbo challenged not wanting his nation blown up, "Also why are you putting us against each other when you admitted you wanted to affect all of us?" Others nodded in agreement.
"Dream you are just causing problems for yourself, it's all of us against you." Quackity stated.
"That's where you are wrong!" A voice said, it wasn't from the crowd. It was from Technoblade. "Dream promised me clout and the voices want blood!" Techno said in the most honest yet terrifying voice.
"So you're not really on Dream's side?" Drista asked. "Sorta not really, Depends on how much money I make." Techno said adjusting his cape. "So if I told you I know how to get you anything you want, would you join us?" Drista asked honestly. "Absolutely I would... not, because I need clout and money!" Techno shrugged.
"Not even an elytra?"
"An elytra?"
"Yes, Techno, an elytra."
"Let me ask Phil!" Techno messed with a Feather in his hair and it lit up. "Philza!" Techno stared at the feather. "What do you want?" It answered. "This small Dream looking child is offering me an elytra to join their side. Do I take the offer?" Techno replied. "Go away you fuck! Yes, Techno, agree to the offer! CAN YOU STOP?!" The feather stopped lighting up.
Techno looked at Drista, "I'll join your side only because Phil said to take the offer." Dream looked at Techno dumbfounded. "Dream I never said I wouldn't join your side, I just said you shouldn't blow up L'manburg." Drista answered, "Also I wanted to cause a scene because I can't let you have all the spotlight can I?" Tommy looked like he was just gonna start sobbing and he just left. "Oh thank goodness I didn't want to have to tell Phil I was siding with the government." Techno said with the most monotone voice known to man.
Tommy slowly looked over to Drista. "I'm sorry, WHAT?!" Tommy was in absolute shock until Drista slipped him a small note.

Drista stared at the broken mask blankly. If her plan didn't work everything would be a disaster, She had to make it work.
"You want me to fix it, Or are you gonna stare at it 'till it fixes itself?" Dream joked at Drista.
"I'll fix it, I'm just thinking right now." She said honestly. Dream nodded and left her to stare at it while in the ruins of the community house.
"He wouldn't do that right?" Drista turned to her cat Blue. Drista wondered if the cat was the only one she could trust.
Blue meowed back at her and curled up next to her. "Thanks for the enthusiasm, But i'm looking for real advice here." Drista laughed, It's what she always did when she was stressed.
Drista moped until she heard a familiar and comforting voice.
"Now what is happening here?"
Drista's face brightened almost immediately, And she threw her arms around GD.

Tommy's POV

"I think it's hilarious that she thinks I can decode this!" He threw the note on the ground, "The hell does 'Dream never thinks ahead' tell me?!"
"Probably if you ruin his plan he won't have another one?" Tubbo suggested.
"THANK YOU TUBBO FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!" Tommy yelled.
"No problem!" Tubbo snickered sarcastically.
"I'd just trust Drista, She does know Dream better." Ranboo tried calming down the tension.
"Trust her?! SHE BETRAYED US!" Tommy was being unreasonable once again.
"Not totally, She said she doesn't want L'manburg to be destroyed. By that logic she could convince Phil and Techno to betray Dream." Ranboo thought out loud.
"Oh my god, you actually made sense for the first time in forever!" Tubbo was being an ass to Ranboo.
"I don't know if that was a compliment or an insult, But I don't want to know." Ranboo slowly turned away from Tubbo but not completely.
"It was an Insult," Tubbo answered, Ranboo echoing.
"Both of you STOP AND ACTUALLY FOCUS!" Tommy screeched.
"Right, Right! Ranboo does have a point though." Tubbo murmured.
"Have you considered talking louder?" Tommy bickered.
They were gonna argue all day at this point. Did they care? No, Not at all! They wasted plenty of time though.

Blue's POV
Blue watched the arguing trio for around thirty minutes at this point. He made out most of what they had said.
Blue didn't understand how Drista was a traitor. She wasn't a traitor... at least to him.
How could she be a traitor? That question didn't leave Blue's head no matter how hard he tried.
Drista was many things. A traitor isn't one of them! It never will be either!
Blue figured he should just wait till tomorrow.

Freezing air gripped at Blue's pelt. Was it dawn already? Surely not, It couldn't be.
Blue ran with everything he had to where Drista was last. She wasn't there. Did she forget him?
No, Not a chance. She wouldn't, Well that's what Blue hoped.
He should probably find Tommy or someone else. He needed to find Drista though. Or not...
Blue stumbled across Tommy and two others. He couldn't remember their names but it didn't matter.
The cat followed them for a while, And of course they were trying to figure out the note again.
Even though they already figured it out. Would they really not trust Drista? She clearly doesn't want to help Dream!
More people showed up forcing Blue to give up seeing what was happening. His human wasn't too good, But it was good enough to understand what they were doing. They were saying something about what was that word? Battle, Or was it War? Did it matter? Both were bad so it wasn't relevant.

Word Count: 1280