author's note

18 July 2021

Hi guys! I am really bad at writing such A/Ns so please don't mind me.

I am not sure how to start this—should I welcome you and wish you a happy reading experience or should I apologise for my previous inconsistency? I think I owe you all an explanation so let me just get started with it.

In Pursuit of Him was a story that came to my mind in 2018 and I didn't start working on it until April 2019. I was very excited to start because I felt that this story was going to be way better than my Hidden Love and Virtual Love. Also I had entered a new stage in life where I got my career path fixed so everything seemed to be going super great. But at that time I was not very efficient when it came to managing my studies and writing. So I had to stop writing and focus on my studies without a doubt. Over the months that passed, I slowly started growing out of the Amourshipping fandom and by the end of the year I had considered deleting this story for a couple dozen times. This coupled with some personal problems stayed with me and I was no longer able to write. 

In May 2020, I opened Wattpad after a really long time and I saw many new writers coming up and Amourshipping was resurfacing here. Since corona had struck and I had literally 24 hours at home, I started writing again and I did some work on this story. But I was in the last year of high school so, again, writing became a hazard because I still couldn't manage my time. 

Under normal situations, my finals were supposed to be over in March 2021 but corona made that uncertain. And I couldn't start writing again because my exams could be conducted anytime with only a 15-day prior announcement. And I along with all other students loomed in that uncertainty till June when our exams finally got cancelled. After that I started reconsidering everything—I had outgrown the idea and writing style for this story, I had read few books and my whole perspective had changed.

Finally I decided to re-think the entire idea. So that's what you are going to read now—a new, updated and definitely better version of In Pursuit of Him.

I changed the blurb for the story and also the cover. Just for little nostalgic moment, the previous cover was this:

Now I changed it to what's below but that is temporary for the time being until I don't create something better

Now I changed it to what's below but that is temporary for the time being until I don't create something better. I might end up using the original cover because I highly doubt my graphic skills.

Also, I am sticking to something I was following in the previous version—using another cover as my banner for every chapter

Also, I am sticking to something I was following in the previous version—using another cover as my banner for every chapter. That cover holds a special place for me and that is not going to change.

I really want to apologise for my long hiatus and annoying publishing streak and the inconsistency. I lost readers which was harsh on me but justified. But I also met amazing people who believed in me and that is something I am going to be eternally grateful for. I am very sorry and thank you from the very bottom of my heart. 

I am not completely free because I am still left with couple of exams and hopefully they end in September. But I am going to continue with this because I don't want to lose my ideas. Updates will be slow but consistent. I am here to correct my mistakes and I will.

Thank you for stopping by to read this. I really hope you love the story. And I don't have anything else to say, except—

happy reading!