chapter 3 : "I j-just tripped."

~ 2.8K words

Happy reading!

The honey blonde slowly opened the door and peeked in

The honey blonde slowly opened the door and peeked in. The thirteen year old was sitting at her desk, swinging her legs as she hummed a soft melody. She was hunched over her table and doing something Serena couldn't quite place from behind. The door creaked as Serena pushed it open and it made the teen swivel around in her chair curiously.

Bonnie immediately looked down and tugged at the loose chord that hung around her neck, pulling her earphones out and keeping them aside. Serena looked at her sad expression and felt guilt tickling her gut. The honey blonde casually walked in and sat down on Bonnie's bed, noticing that, unlike her own, Bonnie made her bed neatly.

Bonnie always made her bed first thing in the morning after Clemont's intense training which, many times, included fits of anger and outbursts from both siblings. Whenever Bonnie didn't want to do her bed she would always point at Serena and say how she never made her bed. Clemont then tugged at his sister's ear and told her that everyone's chores are their own and one should do them. Even Serena had to agree with Clemont at that and call herself 'a bad person' only to make little Bonnie understand.

Maybe I am a bad person.

The honey blonde sighed and looked at Bonnie. "Bonnie, I am very sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that," she uttered softly.

Bonnie shook her head and smiled softly, "no, I am sorry. Clemont was right. I shouldn't have barged in on you like that and," her voice faded into a whisper, "said all that."

"It's alright. What you said was not wrong. But at that time I was—just out of i-it, I-I th-think. So, I lashed o-out." Serena felt a huge lump of emotions in her throat and forced a cough to try and stop them from choking her.

Bonnie noticed the sudden paleness that crept up on Serena's face and quickly jumped up, grabbed her water bottle from the desk and held it out for her. The older teen gave a weak smile and took a few sips. She then took a couple of deep breaths and tried to calm down another wave of throbbing in her temples.

"Can't believe this keeps happening," she mumbled to herself and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay? Should I get some meds?" Bonnie asked frantically and ran across the room to her cupboard.

Serena heard more shuffling and then a momentary flow of water. Bonnie came back running, out of breath and plastered a cold, wet handkerchief onto her forehead.

Serena immediately shriveled up and threw the cloth away from her forehead reflexively. "It's too cold!" She shrieked and wiped her forehead dry.

Bonnie frowned and grabbed it and held it out to the honey blonde. "Yes but it will help!"

"It works for fevers, Bonnie. Not for headaches. And also it's too cold for this weather!"

"But the cold will ease your nerves. It works for everyone at home!" Bonnie explained and carefully spread it over the honey blonde's forehead.