Chapter 10

Hi friends,

I have updated the 10th chapter here. I thought this will end with 10 chapters. But it got extended. I guess there will be two or three chapters more. Please be patient with me and thank you so much for all your support. Love you all. 

____________________

Raavi walked as slowly as she could. She doesn't want to reach the mandap soon. She is in no hurry to get there. She needs time. But, her mausi and di told her to make it fast. How can she make them understand that it is not easy for her? She could explain them but even if she tried, she could not utter a single word. Her mouth is stuffed with half of the burger. It's not easy to eat all three burgers before reaching there. But she is still trying and she needs to walk slowly in order to do it successfully.

"For the last time I am warning you Raavi, walk fast!" her mausi said, gritting her teeth.

She nodded in response but continued walking at the same pace munching her burger.

Her mausi shook her head and pushed her forward which made her stumble a little. But, Anita di caught her immediately and steadier her.

"Are you okay, beta?" her mausi asked in a panicked voice.

Raavi turned furiously towards her mausi. In anger, she started biting her burger and chewing it with more than necessary force all the while glaring at her mausi.

Her mausi gulped and gave a sheepish smile.

"Not my fault, beta. It is your bridal lehenga's " her mausi said in defense pointing at her long skirt. Raavi could not help but roll her eyes and moved forward only to stumble again on her long skirt. Both her mausi and Anita di caught her on both sides steadying her.

"Arghh!" she screamed, making both of them leave her immediately in fear.

"Which idiot had selected this elephant size stupid lehenga?" she closed her eyes and said through gritted teeth.

She opened her eyes to see them both pointing towards her with their index fingers.

'You only! I told you not to listen to your heart! You are complaining now!' her mind scolded her.

'Oye! My choice is pretty good. Why don't you stop finding fault with me and start doing your duty by giving instructions to her eyes and legs to do their work properly?' her heart chided.

She could not concentrate more on their argument because of the murmurings coming from behind her.

"You know very well hunger makes her angry"

"But, she had already finished two whole angrezi wada pav! She didn't even give me a single piece."

"Do you think something else is bothering her?"

"Not sure! It seems that the hotel is a very dedicated one. See, how they had even delivered to the room window by climbing the curtain rope."

"Maybe she is stressed about her new phase of life?"

"Yes, it must be the reason. She never once ordered for me all these years."

"Should we try to relax her with some pep talk before going to mandap?

"Sounds good! But, do you know how to order too? I am very tired after doing all this marriage work. I cannot prepare dinner tonight"

She could not concentrate on this incoherent discussion as well because of the vibration coming from her mobile kept in her secret purple bag. It made tickles in her hip and only stopped when she attended the call via Bluetooth.