Greenie (chapter 12)

I didn't think it was funny how they were laughing at him. I almost let out a growl. I didn't want to do that just in case someone heard.

I glared at everyone before I walked to were Thomas was trying to stand up. Thomas was a cute boy. he looked to be 17 years old. He had brown short hair, a cute baby face, and a nice body.

"You need help?" I asked holding out my hand for him to take when ever he wanted.

"Thanks" he said grabbing my open hand and standing up right besides me.

"No problem" I told him. I just noticed the feeling of my wolf being super excited. I don't know what it was for just knew she was happy about something.

"My names Cheyenne by the way but the gladers all call me Chey for short." I told Thomas even though he still hasn't realized what his own name was.

"Okay Chey, so how long have you been in the glade?" He asked.

'I'm guessing he ain't a shy one if ya know what I mean'

'Stop thinking like that stardust' I can't believe stardust would tell me that. Or was thinking it. I didn't know she had a perverted side.

'Yeah I do! But you know you love me!' Stardust talked to me. I still think it is awesome that no one else can hear her and no one else can here me when I talk back to her. I don't really understand how it all works though.

"Only a week actually" I got brought out of my thoughts at the thought of me forgetting to reply to Thomas.

"No offense but why are you the only girl here?"

"I can't understand that myself,-" I was about to tell him the Gladers didn't know either but I didn't want to scare him away on his first day here. We'll it's not like he could actually go anywhere. he could go meet the grievers.

'Nope that's not going to happen' Stardust whispered in my head. I wonder why she cares about him so much. I mean don't get me wrong but we did just meet him.

"Mmmm that's cool. What do you have to do?" He asked

"Everyone has a assigned job picked by our leader Alby or our second leader Newt."

"That's cool. What job do you have?"

'Well since I'm a girl they said they didn't have a job for me just yet. I think it's just sexist. They don't think I am strong enough to build or chop down trees. In reality I am way stronger then they are they just don't know it yet.' Is what I wanted to say but instead I told him.

"Since I just got here they didn't give me a job just yet." I replied without making any assumptions that I was agitated.

"I wonder what I will have to do?" Thomas said which I could feel the waves of curiosity off of him.

"Idk but I guess you'll find out." I said as I saw Alby and newt walking up to us. I could tell by there looks that they wanted me to leave so they could talk to I'm guessing is the new greenie.

I walked away and acted like I was relaxing when I used my wolf hearing to listen to there conversation.

"Okay Greenie do you remember Chey?" Alby asked Thomas who seemed confused.

"No I do not remember Chey or anything for that matter" Thomas told Alby but was looking at Newt for most of the time.

"Okay. we'll If you remember anything about Chey or why we are down here then tell me or Newt. Do not talk about it with Cheyenne." Alby said trying to be the alpha; or in human words the leader. if I do say so myself I am catching on to the werewolfs stuff and the glade stuff pretty nicely.

Wait I need to stop getting of track, did he just tell Thomas to not talk to me about remembering me? If anything I should be the first one to know about me knowing Thomas. I am the one who said his name without realization. That makes me pissed off even more then I already am.

"Okay I won't talk to Chey about any of this." Tommy lied. I could hear his heart skip a beat. this means they are lying.

"Chuck" Newt called to Chuck who walked over to the group of boys smiling.

"Yeah?" Chuck said.

"Your going to be the mentor of Greenie here. Got it? Also you need to show him were he will be sleeping and were everything is so he can tryout everything. then report back to us got it?" I never got to tryout every job to see which one I'm good at! That is not fare.

"Okay" Chuck said the. They were off to walking around the glade. I wanted to rest for a while before tonight were we will have a group campfire.

I walked over to a corner, got comfortable, then closed my eyes and fell asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

How did you like the chapter?

I want to start doing shout outs to people that want there book more noticed. so u was wondering that if you want me to post your book onto one of my chapters to just contact me over the DM or over the comments.

My first one will be to &
@Sapphire_Rose37 who has just written a book called 'Alpha' so if you would go read it I would appreciate it. and she is my actual friend not just on WattPad. like I actually know her.

So if you did that I would love you forever! Also if you vote for it I will shout out to you on the next chapter which will be sometime next week (it is spring break next week)

Love you all don't forget to leave a vote and a comment!