Chapter 1: Vaniville Town

So, welcome, to whoever is reading this. I'll call myself 'D'. This is a story of my journey both in the world of Pokémon and growing up, basically life.

First, let's get to our starting cast, and setting. I'd moved to Kalos, an interesting region that was shaped like a star of some sorts. Waterways decorate paths through it's towns and cities, with a place called Lumiose City at the core of it. I'd just obtained my license for riding Rhyhorns, and other Pokémon as transportation, living at a distant relative's house. 

My relative's name was 'Mom', a weird and somehow motherly name, though this was not my mother. My real mother was North-West, overseas and not in the Kalos region as this person just had a very misleading name. It was basically summer weather here, a large path towards becoming an official Pokémon trainer ahead of me. Being a Pokémon trainer was hard sometimes, with their lives in your hands, you needed to be careful to make sure a Pokémon's death isn't on your hands, at least your own team's lives anyway.

I had a special person in my life around this time, they were adventuring around Kanto, on their own journey right now. We still talked when we could, I'll refer to them as 'L'. They have a few Pokémon already, with a huge Charizard. Last I heard of them, they were only on the third gym, which is some impressive work they've done with raising the Charizard.

I had some friends back home, and 2 siblings, though I'd yet to hear any news about their adventures. I've been around Kanto before, with a weird 'dream' experience, I'll get into that later. Actually though, my brother was checking out Hoenn last time I talked to him. I've had experience with battling with Pokémon, I've never had a death though, only have had my Pokémon merely pass out, which was good considering that their lives were in danger whenever they were on the field. It wasn't abuse though, but more of a light-hearted sport. With different regions, there were different Pokémon, and battling was one of the effective ways to raise them up to their prime.  I've been slacking off on my skill though, my focus adrift at times. 

'Mom' has connections to a professor here, and apparently she put in a good word for me, he's meeting up ahead in a nearby café with a few people my age. I don't have any Pokemon on me at the moment, I wanted to start afresh here, well at least for the amount of time I'd be here for.

Getting up, I looked at my reflection in the mirror, not too shabby. I brushed my teeth before changing into my casual clothes, dark track pants, black shoes, a dark blue sports jacket along with a red conductors hat with a pair of shaded goggles on top of it. I could probably buy some more clothes when I went out. Walking down the starts and past the wild Pokemon in the hall, I waved to 'Mom' as I stepped outside, inhaling the fresh Kalos air.

To be...Continued. 

A/n: Thanks for reading! I don't usually write in first person so this is a bit experimental. I'll be updating this soon if I feel like it, I have a bunch of books that are unreleased, including this one. If you're seeing this then nice, this one was a lucky one.