Chapter 4: The Four Swords

Qrow's Journal Entry 4887

Since unlocking Falke's Aura, I've kept a closer eye on him, making sure those things don't get out of him, but besides that, things haven't changed that much. He's been wanting me to start training him to become a huntsman like myself. Hell, I didn't even want to become a huntsman when I was younger; I only did cause Raven told me I could do pretty much what I wanted. So after Falke turned 11 and for the two years since I've been training him, mainly strengthening his Aura trying to draw out his semblance, it tends to make training a lot easier if you know what your semblance is and can base your style around it much as I do. Besides that, he met Raven accidentally; a month back, she ended up coming to look for me and broke into the cabin while I was out getting groceries. When I arrived back, they were mid-argument about how drinking unsweetened tea is a "crime against humanity." Funniest shit I've ever seen, but she ended up telling me about how Ozpin is looking for me, and she just wanted to pass on the info since he came to her asking about me. I love how he always wants to drag me into something; I hope he doesn't try and rope the kid in on this.

End of entry

3rd POV

Qrow's training of Falke's Aura had been intense during the earlier parts of it but as the training progressed, so did the child every day; he found he could run farther, jump higher and withstand more pain. His Aura was growing, and by this rate, he'd hope his semblance would manifest as his father told him that as soon as his semblance appeared, their real training could begin. Today was like most days wake up, eat breakfast, morning warmup, training, afternoon chores, dinner, sleep, repeat. This day, however, was different as during their morning warmup, a Bullhead could be heard landing in a nearby clearing.

Qrow: "Falke, hand me Harbinger and head inside; no matter who it is or what happens, don't leave the house until I say so, alright?" He knows who this is, and if they're here, it can only mean trouble.

Falke understanding the danger this may present does as his father instructs, retrieving Harbinger for his father, after which he heads inside and closes and locks the door peeking through the curtains, eager to see who it is that is here. Two figures exit the bullhead and begin to approach, Qrow not moving from his spot. The figure in the lead appears to be an older-looking man who wears a dark brown coat, a dark green vest, and black dress pants; he walks with a cane with a silver handle. The other figure walking beside him appears to be a woman, wearing a white shirt and black skirt; she also wears a purple cape and a riding crop at her hip. The two figures approach Qrow, the older of which decided to speak first.

???: "Qrow, if you planned on making yourself difficult to find, you certainly succeeded, tell me how has your time off been." His voice is calm and collected, analytical in a sort of way.

Qrow: "It's been nice, Ozpin, taking it at my own pace, not having to worry about much, especially not having to worry about old headmasters bothering me about stuff. Oh, my bad, it is always nice to see you too, Glynda." He says, holding his ground, tightening his grip on his blade.

Glynda: "It's nice to see you as well, Qrow, especially when you're not drunk." Sarcasm laced within her words.

Ozpin: "Now now, you two, I'd prefer that we keep this civilized. Qrow, how about you show us your home that you seem to have built? It seems quite large for just yourself but seems just the right size for you and that boy you have."

Qrow: Gritting his teeth. "Huh kinda guessed that when Raven told me you were looking for me, you've already known about the kid. Alright, kid, make yourself presentable and come on out!" yelling back towards the cabin.