Epilogue: Team RWBY

1 Day Since Chapter 24

Ruby POV

Headmaster Ozpin's called an assembly for everyone, even for the students that don't go to Beacon, I wonder what he has to tell everyone. I hope I get to see Falke there I really want to tell him about our match during the tournament but Nora said that he didn't see it cause he and Pyrrha were out and about.

Blake: "Ruby. You look concerned, what's on your mind?"

Weiss: "I agree, you seem a bit more distracted than usual."

Ruby: "Oh sorry! I was just thinking about Falke and Pyrrha, Nora told me they weren't able to see our match during the festival, I was just hoping we'd be able to tell him all about it."

Yang: "A large crowd of people and a ton of spotlights to steal, he wouldn't miss it for his life."

Blake: "He does have a knack for grabbing attention."

Weiss: "Both the good and the bad kinds of attention. Honestly, I don't know what Pyrrha sees in him, all I see is showboating hooligan."

Blake: "Love is a strange thing Weiss, usually that's how it works."

We enter the auditorium and find some seats, I look around and I can't seem to find Nora or Ren.

Ruby: "Hey guys? Do you see Nora or Ren, I can't find them anywhere?"

Yang: "Shush Rubes, it's starting." 

I pout as I sit down looking at the stage I see Headmaster Ozpin standing with what appears to be a huge guy in some armor and holding a giant sword, I'll have to ask him about it later on. A huge monitor appears showing Ozpin standing next to a small table with a tarp over it.

Ozpin: "Students of Beacon and students from abroad, our mission as Huntsmen is to ensure the peace of the world and the safety of every innocent person. And through this mission, we put our lives on the line, and sometimes to protect those who matter most and to defeat the evil, sacrifices have to be made. Today we have lost 2 of our most treasured students and Huntsmen........Falke Branwen and Pyrrha Nikos."

He pulls back the tarp and the whole world freezes on the screen are the tattered remains of my cousin's coat, slashes, tears, and a huge hole in the back. I also see the broken dented and destroyed shield and spear that belonged to Pyrrha. I manage to look around as I meet Blake's eyes tears running down them as she hugs me, Weiss is stunned and shocked still looking at the screen, Yang has a face full of anger and rage. And me? I don't know what to do, I lost another member of my family and I couldn't do anything about it, but as reality sets in my eyes water and I hug Blake back as I too begin to cry.